MF DOOM

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I went to one of those fake doom shows a few years ago in Atl at mgq's. Promoter was so mad he put doom home address online. But if they announced a show tomorrow around my way I'd take that chance to go see him rock live. The crowd was incredible

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HE'S AAAAAALLLLLLRRRRIIIIGHT!

OK his flows and beats are alright but I can't fukk with a guy who wears a mask all the time. I looked at it straight away and just knew it was a gimmick to make him, ''different" and easier to access for that person who's always looking for something less mainstream than the shyt they hear on the radio all the time.

I stopped listening to him when I really got into Hip Hop though, he's average at best. :shaq:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
HE'S AAAAAALLLLLLRRRRIIIIGHT!

OK his flows and beats are alright but I can't fukk with a guy who wears a mask all the time. I looked at it straight away and just knew it was a gimmick to make him, ''different" and easier to access for that person who's always looking for something less mainstream than the shyt they hear on the radio all the time.

I stopped listening to him when I really got into Hip Hop though, he's average at best. :shaq:

It's not so much a gimmick as much as it is his rap character/alter ego. He follows along the line of dr. Doom as he was once signed put out a album with moderate success, 2nd album shelved due to controversy, brother/ group member sub roc killed in a car accident, and he was homeless for a minute. So he wears the metal mask to hide his "severe scars" from life and the industry who turned their back on him and left him for dead. Now he's back to rule the world of hip hop with an iron hand, and a iron mask, rockin the iron mic. Now how many rappers you know put that kinda thought into his name? Even more thought goes into his rhymes and I appreciate the care.

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not so much a gimmick as much as it is his rap character/alter ego. He follows along the line of dr. Doom as he was once signed put out a album with moderate success, 2nd album shelved due to controversy, brother/ group member sub roc killed in a car accident, and he was homeless for a minute. So he wears the metal mask to hide his "severe scars" from life and the industry who turned their back on him and left him for dead. Now he's back to rule the world of hip hop with an iron hand, and a iron mask, rockin the iron mic. Now how many rappers you know put that kinda thought into his name? Even more thought goes into his rhymes and I appreciate the care.

Wait so you're telling me that the entire story you just told me isn't part of this whole gimmicky/fake persona that your dude created. You can tell a story about yourself in your music, you don't need to carry the mask with the story. Look at some one like tech n9ne for instance (I know they're different in style but it's the same concept). Yes he's had a hard upbringing but the whole satanic demonic mastering in his voice is just a clever way to make him seem interesting. His lyrics tell the story and the voice projects the anger. shyt is genius and he did it all without a mask.

:whoo:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait so you're telling me that the entire story you just told me isn't part of this whole gimmicky/fake persona that your dude created. You can tell a story about yourself in your music, you don't need to carry the mask with the story. Look at some one like tech n9ne for instance (I know they're different in style but it's the same concept). Yes he's had a hard upbringing but the whole satanic demonic mastering in his voice is just a clever way to make him seem interesting. His lyrics tell the story and the voice projects the anger. shyt is genius and he did it all without a mask.

:whoo:
If u noticed he hardly really talks about his personal life in his raps. It's all made up, but when u say gimmick, it's like u saying that there's all there is to him like let's say nicki minaj and her colors and outfits which is used to hide her trash songs. While, doom is a beast on the mic, and because he rarely does shows or videos, Ur mostly gonna only hear him, so the mask doesn't matter. And his fictional tales be poppin, not to mention he makes his own beats and chops up thousands of clips and mixes and matches it up to tell the listener a story

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If u noticed he hardly really talks about his personal life in his raps. It's all made up, but when u say gimmick, it's like u saying that there's all there is to him like let's say nicki minaj and her colors and outfits which is used to hide her trash songs. While, doom is a beast on the mic, and because he rarely does shows or videos, Ur mostly gonna only hear him, so the mask doesn't matter. And his fictional tales be poppin, not to mention he makes his own beats and chops up thousands of clips and mixes and matches it up to tell the listener a story

I'm not saying the dude's not talented though. Some of his production (specifically Doomsday) is just :ohhh: :wow: :ahh: but the Mask just annoys me man, it's a big thing for some one to do that and I just aint feeling it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying the dude's not talented though. Some of his production (specifically Doomsday) is just :ohhh: :wow: :ahh: but the Mask just annoys me man, it's a big thing for some one to do that and I just aint feeling it.

I can dig it, I like it though. It gives him a cartoonish/ comic book feel. " he cleans his metal mask with gasoline then after, last seen pullin chicks like a fiend pull a fast one!"