Metroid Prime Remastered (February 8, 2023)

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't remember which ones I've played and haven't played.

Pretty sure I beat 1...don't know about 2 and 3 but I have the trilogy on wii-u. If I can't play with the gamepad pro controller (which I can't because it's using the Wii emulator on wii-u ) I'm not going to play it again with the nunchuck and wiimote.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I can't remember which ones I've played and haven't played.

Pretty sure I beat 1...don't know about 2 and 3 but I have the trilogy on wii-u. If I can't play with the gamepad pro controller (which I can't because it's using the Wii emulator on wii-u ) I'm not going to play it again with the nunchuck and wiimote.
i liked 2 almost as much as the first. thats the one with the light and dark worlds. pretty hard game

never played 3 i didnt have a wii

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
i liked 2 almost as much as the first. thats the one with the light and dark worlds. pretty hard game

never played 3 i didnt have a wii
I got stuck on 2 and just stopped, i didn't even make it that far. Metroid Prime 2 is definitely harder and more obscure than 1, It's like they doubled down on the puzzles and the puzzles in 1 weren't very easy to figure out/navigate around. Prime 2 feels even slower to make progress. Where I'd run around the map 3 times in prime 1, I'd run around 10 times in prime 2 that game is nuts and probably the most hardcore Metroid game.

I couldn’t get into Dread so :hubie:
Definitely not for everyone, if you don't like 2D Metroid, chances are you won't like the 3D transition, at all, because the 2d games are easier to get into, but even then they're not as easy to get into as say a Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario World.

I'm actually surprised about the reviews for this game. I don't see most people enjoying this type of game at all. It's not just the old school design, but the game is very slow I can see a lot of people getting impatient.

Imma keep it a buck, if you're not into solving puzzles and exploration don't waste your money.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

332151313_1897532230587986_8269267038429901100_n.jpg

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is a masterclass remake. One of the best looking and running Switch games period.

This game is still absolute crack and that feeling of getting a new ability and revisiting areas to explore everything is incredible, even for a game this old.

The design holds up. The combat difficulty is almost non existent with the new controls but immediately knowing where to go and what to do next is a fun mystery that doesn't get old IMO

True classic

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
This is a masterclass remake. One of the best looking and running Switch games period.

This game is still absolute crack and that feeling of getting a new ability and revisiting areas to explore everything is incredible, even for a game this old.

The design holds up. The combat difficulty is almost non existent with the new controls but immediately knowing where to go and what to do next is a fun mystery that doesn't get old IMO

True classic
One thing I forgot was how lengthy this game is, I think I just made it to the 4th major area and I've only completed 50% of the game with like 12 hours of playtime.

On the flip I'm seeing people with optimized 100% playthroughs with like 6 hours of playtime. Metroid :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First time playing Metroid Prime I love the game it's really immersive.

ya I’m gonna break down and get this shyt after looking at some footage…I might’ve waited too long to get a physical copy tho…I had a chance to preorder it from GS but now it’s sold out everywhere…maybe stores will have a few more in stock tomorrow when it officially releases

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's very hard to get into. The game is a giant maze and really doesn't cick till around the ice area phendrana drifts. The first area, chozo ruins, is pretty tough. The goal is to first restore some of Samus' powers so you can get to other areas of the map. So for example, you need to restore her missiles in order to get past some doors. The greater objectives and lore is actually learned through scanning; which is a pretty unique way of story telling. You can use a walkthrough, but the satisfaction comes from being stuck at a puzzle and making progress. It's the type of game where you'll be stuck for half an hour, then make a little progress, then stuck again, then make a little more progress...

Three recommendations:

1. rely heavy on the map, it's a bit confusing to use but it's really you're best friend in navigating around the game.

2. If you're not good at remembering make notes: "this room I can't get through without a grapple hook" "I need the morph ball to get through this room"

3. Play close attention to the environment, look everywhere. Play on a big screen, especially if you don't have an OLED switch. I missed out on so many things in the environment because the game is dark and the og switch screen is straight garbage.

One last tip
4. Use the scanner!!! Scanner is one of your best tools, it will help you everywhere. Scan all the time, it's also important if you want to 100% complete the game.

You have to be very patient with the game, it's like solving a 1000 piece puzzle, once you solve it you'll be so satisfied and you'll see it as one of the best games you've ever played.

I’ve done my best to try and convince myself not to buy another switch just to play this game…but as I watch reviews I’m reminded what it is I like about the metroid series and it’s the exploration especially when there’s a break between action and things are peaceful/quiet…the satisfaction that comes from gaining new abilities that help you fill out/complete the map far outweighs the shooter aspect of it imo which is why I can understand ppl not rushing to call prime an FPS…a game like this “takes advantage” of my OCD but in a way that feels rewarding and not aggravating

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'd argue that this is up there with Demon's Souls as one of the best remakes/remasters ever.

Proof that a great art direction and visual style, as well as a fun gameplay loop are the most important aspects of a game being classic.

Nothing really changed beyond a dual-analog option and new textures. The game itself is perfectly paced and the design is timeless. It all holds up, just needs a fresh coat of paint and some accessibility changes

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seems like nintendo fukked up and shipping is delayed for physical copies…a lot of folks haven’t even got their preorders…I’m hearing 3/2 is when more is expected to ship…nintendo has been dead silent on the issue tho

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I got stuck on 2 and just stopped, i didn't even make it that far. Metroid Prime 2 is definitely harder and more obscure than 1, It's like they doubled down on the puzzles and the puzzles in 1 weren't very easy to figure out/navigate around. Prime 2 feels even slower to make progress. Where I'd run around the map 3 times in prime 1, I'd run around 10 times in prime 2 that game is nuts and probably the most hardcore Metroid game.

Definitely not for everyone, if you don't like 2D Metroid, chances are you won't like the 3D transition, at all, because the 2d games are easier to get into, but even then they're not as easy to get into as say a Donkey Kong Country or Super Mario World.

I'm actually surprised about the reviews for this game. I don't see most people enjoying this type of game at all. It's not just the old school design, but the game is very slow I can see a lot of people getting impatient.

Imma keep it a buck, if you're not into solving puzzles and exploration don't waste your money.
Casual