Metroid Dread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Most games of this genre float around 10 hours. Going for full completion will probably add a few hours on that. I'll take 10 hours of crack over 50 hours of fluff and padding any day

Yeah, I’m almost at the point where if someone tells me a game is close to 50 hours long i won’t even bother

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yes I'm new (unless you count NES) but 10 hours is ridiculous. This is 2021.

no need to pad out the game though.

Metroid has always been around 10 hours...metroid has always rewarded fast play.

once you get the hang of it, you can probably beat it in 2-3 hours or less.

I know i can beat Super Metroid in about 2 hours (not 100% though)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
no need to pad out the game though.

Metroid has always been around 10 hours...metroid has always rewarded fast play.

I think people have just gotten used to these metroidvanias being like 40+ hours, like hollow knight and now see it as the norm

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You have a point.

I’m just gonna play the game and decide if I should be salty later. Lord knows I’ve spent $60 in worse ways
game like this should probably be <$40, but this is Nintendo we're talking about :yeshrug:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't bought a switch game in at least a year. Maybe two.

This looks dope and it looks like it's a solid challenge. I might be forced to cop.

Edit: 10 hours long? :stopitslime:

There's been dozens upon dozens of dope games released in the last couple of months alone, let alone the full year. Ya'll folks really need every last one of them to be 40+ hours long? Ya'll lack other things to do and have eons of free time or just barely play games throughout the year>?

Outside of RPGS or really heavy narrative-focused, action-adventure style games, most games in general weren't ever meant to be too long nor need to be. And as others have said, Metroid games have never been super lengthy either. Every meal doesn't need to be Thanksgiving's Day.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There's been dozens upon dozens of dope games released in the last couple of months alone, let alone the full year. Ya'll folks really need every last one of them to be 40+ hours long? Ya'll lack other things to do and have eons of free time or just barely play games throughout the year>?

Outside of RPGS or really heavy narrative-focused, action-adventure style games, most games in general weren't ever meant to be too long nor need to be. And as others have said, Metroid games have never been super lengthy either. Every meal doesn't need to be Thanksgiving's Day.

right, I like having these 10-15 hour games i can actually start and finish within a reasonable time. I've finished like 5 games in the past month because none of them have been 20+ hours long (aside from Hades) and its been refreshing.

next year though.....:lupe: