Metroid Dread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There's been dozens upon dozens of dope games released in the last couple of months alone, let alone the full year. Ya'll folks really need every last one of them to be 40+ hours long? Ya'll lack other things to do and have eons of free time or just barely play games throughout the year>?

Outside of RPGS or really heavy narrative-focused, action-adventure style games, most games in general weren't ever meant to be too long nor need to be. And as others have said, Metroid games have never been super lengthy either. Every meal doesn't need to be Thanksgiving's Day.

Yeah, if I was a kid or if I was hurting for money, I'd be mad about the length, but as a grown man I don't mind.

People kind of forget this came out of nowhere, they originally announced a Metroid Prime game, this was something to hold people over.

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
There's been dozens upon dozens of dope games released in the last couple of months alone, let alone the full year. Ya'll folks really need every last one of them to be 40+ hours long? Ya'll lack other things to do and have eons of free time or just barely play games throughout the year>?

Outside of RPGS or really heavy narrative-focused, action-adventure style games, most games in general weren't ever meant to be too long nor need to be. And as others have said, Metroid games have never been super lengthy either. Every meal doesn't need to be Thanksgiving's Day.

I know there are plenty of solid games out. I don't post in here like that but trust me, I play em.

And yes, I got time. We are still in a semi quarantine here.

And I agree - every meal doesn't need to be Thanksgiving.
But if it's going to cost the same as the rest of em, it should be more than 25% the portions. :hubie:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need to go ahead and finish Kena soon. I can’t remember the last Switch game I bought, not passing this up

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I know there are plenty of solid games out. I don't post in here like that but trust me, I play em.

And yes, I got time. We are still in a semi quarantine here.

And I agree - every meal doesn't need to be Thanksgiving.
But if it's going to cost the same as the rest of em, it should be more than 25% the portions. :hubie:

I mean, I slightly hear you on game length to price comparison...but just barely. Cuz at the end of the day, 10 hours / 60 bucks is still less than 5 dollars an hour of entertainment.

I get that scale and scope could make one ponder the full value cost as well, but...ehh...Ionno. Only certain barometers I feel can be use to gauge that as a price litmus of entry.

At the end of the day, it's up to the dev/pubs to charge what the feel it's worth, like any other artform and you can determine whether it's worth your money however you choose. And if it's not up to your standards...wait for sale.

RIPODB

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Side
@Khalil's_Black_Excellence nah I’m gonna purchase.

I actually think if the game ends up being as good as people say, $60 is more than fair regardless of length. I also thought it was fair to question it!

There are plenty games that are short that are worth full price. And plenty of games that $60 or $70 is a bargain, I would have paid double.

I’ll play this one out and post my thoughts later.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ready to go

AD7-EE798-6673-48-B7-8944-554-F2867-DEA4.jpg

Pre-load? How do you have it already?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think he’s implying that Sony or Microsoft would charge full price for a 1st party title regardless on length, which is false
it's not just the length, it's the style of game. is there an example of another $60 side-scroller?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
how many of them have the budget of dread?

we’re comparing indie games to metroid
what do we really know about the budget? besides the fact they've been trying to make this game since like 2005. it doesn't seem like it's pushing any boundaries tech wise, have expensive voice actors, or other factors that can push the budget through the roof. I think the reality is the development cost, and team size, could be pretty similar to those indie games. the major difference in budget probably comes down to shyt like marketing

I'm gonna pay the $60, just like I paid full price for Link's Awakening. but I do feel these games should be a little cheaper

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
it's not just the length, it's the style of game. is there an example of another $60 side-scroller?

what do we really know about the budget? besides the fact they've been trying to make this game since like 2005. it doesn't seem like it's pushing any boundaries tech wise, have expensive voice actors, or other factors that can push the budget through the roof. I think the reality is the development cost, and team size, could be pretty similar to those indie games. the major difference in budget probably comes down to shyt like marketing

I'm gonna pay the $60, just like I paid full price for Link's Awakening. but I do feel these games should be a little cheaper

How'd you feel about Rayman Origins/Legends being $60 when they first dropped? I believe they were the last ones that answer your questioned criteria.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I promise you the budget for this game is way higher than any other metroidvania and its not even in defense of nintendo but the idea that just because its a 2d side scroller means the same number of people worked on it, used the same assets, have the same graphical fidelity, is just fundamentally wrong.

samus-metroid.gif

metroid-metroid-dread.gif

Last edited: