Metroid Dread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nintendo has to be crazy with some of these ‘ending’ unlock requirements :mjlol:

These rewards feature art based on games from across the Metroid series and in order to grab them all you'll need to do the following;

• Metroid: Zero Mission - Beat the game on Normal Mode
  • Metroid: Samus Returns - Beat Normal Mode in less than 8 hours
  • Super Metroid - Beat Normal Mode in less than 4 hours
  • Metroid: Other M - Beat the game on Hard Mode
  • Metroid Fusion - Beat the game on Hard Mode in less than 8 hours
  • Metroid Dread - Beat the game on Hard Mode in less than 4 hours
  • Zero Suit Samus - Unlock all previous Ending Reward items

Like 4 hours my nikka?? Really lol on HARD??

They could have given you some special modes or unlocks to at least make it worth it but only people that are gonna do these are speed runners
I beat OG Metroid in less than 3 hours to see her without the armor

beat SFII on the SNES, without losing a round, to see a certain screen. took a picture with my camera, but when I developed it, it was all washed out because of the flash's reflection :snoop:

but whatever, no one forcing you to do none of that. if they locked game modes behind that kind of shyt, @papa surf would be complaining he paid for content he can't access :lolbron:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Ok I'm feeling this.

It definitely ain't bad.

I don't know if the beginning up to the first boss is supposed to be easy. I breezed through to it and waxed the first boss. The cloaking lizard thing with the tail. I didn't even use missles on him. The second emmi didn't give me trouble. I figured you had to melt his armor like you did the door. I broke away from him twice and I was like "I aimed perfectly....." Then after I melted his armor it was nothing.

I'm not mad though, I really like this so far.

I want the difficulty to be ramped up....but then again I've stopped after the first boss. H
bosses later in the game will drain a whole energy tank with one hit. shyt, some of the later regular enemies are like that. sometimes I run around, kind of being sloppy, then notice all my energy's gone :sadcam:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I beat OG Metroid in less than 3 hours to see her without the armor

beat SFII on the SNES, without losing a round, to see a certain screen. took a picture with my camera, but when I developed it, it was all washed out because of the flash's reflection :snoop:

but whatever, no one forcing you to do none of that. if they locked game modes behind that kind of shyt, @papa surf would be complaining he paid for content he can't access :lolbron:

im not complaining its just sounds wild. Im actually gonna watch a 4 hour playthrough to see what it looks like

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
bosses later in the game will drain a whole energy tank with one hit. shyt, some of the later regular enemies are like that. sometimes I run around, kind of being sloppy, then notice all my energy's gone :sadcam:

I actually wish the game flashed or had a more noticeable indicator of when your low on health cuz this happens to me all the time. I'll get hit by some shyt that I think is minor and all of the sudden I'm dead. :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i wonder if the vignette in this game is in it to make performance better? Same with the film grain.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i wonder if the vignette in this game is in it to make performance better? Same with the film grain.
neither effect really helps performance

film grain can be used to disguise a lower quality image, but in this game they turn it off when you defeat the EMMI in that area

vignette is usually a filter that darkens the border of the screen, but it's not like that part of the scene isn't being rendered. unless it's a very aggressive vignette, that makes the much of the border black, but this game isn't like that

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

film grain can be used to disguise a lower quality image, but in this game they turn it off when you defeat the EMMI in that area

vignette is usually a filter that darkens the border of the screen, but it's not like that part of the scene isn't being rendered. unless it's a very aggressive vignette, that makes the much of the border black, but this game isn't like that

I figured it was like the fog of war thing they do in some isometric games

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I figured it was like the fog of war thing they do in some isometric games
yeah, that's a more aggressive thing, where areas are completely greyed out. it's not like that in this game

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can get to cataris but it looks like I need to find some kind of heat suit or something…but I’m stuck at certain points when I go back to artaria

*edit*

never mind. :unimpressed: :skip:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

I'm pretty sure they do that in those Emmi moments for cinematic effect and nothing more.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
im not complaining its just sounds wild. Im actually gonna watch a 4 hour playthrough to see what it looks like

it's on par...play the game enough you can do that kinda shyt. now if a caveat is to 100% it as well, then that's some sadistic shyt.

at a time I was able to clear RE4 GC pretty fast, played that shyt so much.