Metroid Dread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
yeah I don't know about 2 chances. you gotta hit the button right at the orange flash, but the timing is always different
The game says you only get one try but it seems like it's actually two chances.

You can counter right before you get grabbed but if you fukk that up you get another chance right before the shank comes out.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The game says you only get one try but it seems like it's actually two chances.

You can counter right before you get grabbed but if you fukk that up you get another chance right before the shank comes out.

Yeah it's 2, the first is more lenient than the 2nd. I actually think the timing is the same per EMMI. Like, blue has a certain timing, yellow has its own timing, etc. I could be wrong tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yo i just found out some shyt…..:ohhh:

there are a couple bosses that have secret instant kills. Like you can morph ball into Kraids belly button and kill him. Same with the monster blocking the thermal generator you can one-shot it by speed boosting into the wall

naw

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i didn't like that there were so many minibosses between x-57 and the final boss. like just end the game already

but it was a cool game overall

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
three phases :damn::damn::damn:

just touching him is half a life bar :damn:
he can box you in the corner like street fighter:damn:
bullet hell and schmup mechanics:damn:

still beat him though:youngsabo:

he was just no match for super sayain Metroid Samus.
cbe08c9f7d0eb7b85ebfd2711332d53d.gif

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Game is pretty good . I'm like 3 hours in and enjoying the game play.
:takedat:

Idk how I feel about the EMMIs...in theory they are a good concept and a nice challenge but I noticed their AI is blatantly unfair and it will constantly corner you and stalk you even when it has not detected you manually.

Many times it has literally walked towards me and stopped right where I was hiding with camo on and basically just waited me out.

I always hate all knowing AI in video games. shyt is just cheap way to increase the difficulty. If it never saw me it should be patrolling like normal everywhere. Not just following me around while I'm stealthed waiting for me to have to uncloak.:usure:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game is pretty good . I'm like 3 hours in and enjoying the game play.
:takedat:

Idk how I feel about the EMMIs...in theory they are a good concept and a nice challenge but I noticed their AI is blatantly unfair and it will constantly corner you and stalk you even when it has not detected you manually.

Many times it has literally walked towards me and stopped right where I was hiding with camo on and basically just waited me out.

I always hate all knowing AI in video games. shyt is just cheap way to increase the difficulty. If it never saw me it should be patrolling like normal everywhere. Not just following me around while I'm stealthed waiting for me to have to uncloak.:usure:

Yeah, its a bit cheap but it would be too easy to avoid them otherwise. They have to pose some time of threat to warrant their existence. I said earlier, they are basically the Mr X of the game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nintendo has to be crazy with some of these ‘ending’ unlock requirements :mjlol:

These rewards feature art based on games from across the Metroid series and in order to grab them all you'll need to do the following;

• Metroid: Zero Mission - Beat the game on Normal Mode
  • Metroid: Samus Returns - Beat Normal Mode in less than 8 hours
  • Super Metroid - Beat Normal Mode in less than 4 hours
  • Metroid: Other M - Beat the game on Hard Mode
  • Metroid Fusion - Beat the game on Hard Mode in less than 8 hours
  • Metroid Dread - Beat the game on Hard Mode in less than 4 hours
  • Zero Suit Samus - Unlock all previous Ending Reward items

Like 4 hours my nikka?? Really lol on HARD??

They could have given you some special modes or unlocks to at least make it worth it but only people that are gonna do these are speed runners

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok I'm feeling this.

It definitely ain't bad.

I don't know if the beginning up to the first boss is supposed to be easy. I breezed through to it and waxed the first boss. The cloaking lizard thing with the tail. I didn't even use missles on him. The second emmi didn't give me trouble. I figured you had to melt his armor like you did the door. I broke away from him twice and I was like "I aimed perfectly....." Then after I melted his armor it was nothing.

I'm not mad though, I really like this so far.

I want the difficulty to be ramped up....but then again I've stopped after the first boss. H

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Had to put this on hold after I caught the Demon's Souls bug again...we back tonight though