Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People gotta stop with this, "This is how songs are written today" bullsh*t.

Nah, this is Hip Hop. Go read some credits from the golden era classics. The only people that should be writing on the record, are the MC, the producer, and all guests on the track, or the people you sampled. You are NOT supposed to have other artists or writers penning your sh*t, if you're trying to pass as an MC. We are not gonna start changing the rules of the genre to cater to talentless dudes who don’t have the ability to bar up and pick up their own pen to write.

It didn't take 20+ writers to put together any of the classic albums from the 80's or 90's. The best sh*t that's ever been created in this culture, was done by actual greats who knew how to write lyrics and structure their own sh*t. People are letting popularity blur the line between real and fake, and that's not gonna fly. If you can't express yourself by writing your own sh*t, then what value are you even bringing to the table? The dude writing your sh*t should just make the songs his own, and we could listen to those. But this thing where these dudes are taking songs from other people, even for diss records, and trying to be the face of the words as if they're their own, is weird and needs to be called out. Every single time.

Get rid of ALL these n*ggas.

Facts

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
You mean to tell me that nobody on the Coli has been interested enough to look at the writer credits on the music they listen to? Most mainstream rap is written by groups of people.

:mjlol: nikkas in here shocked and appalled.

":to: that's not hip-hop, tho."

Them days of rappers sitting alone in a room with a pen and a pad writng an entire album on their own with 0 help have been dead a long, long time.
digital made that obsolete. That used to be the first thing I did when copped. But now I haven’t looked in over 10-15 years

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Since listening Drake from So Far Gone, I could tell shyt changed with that If you think album…buddy didn’t sound like himself.
I have always said that. And it’s why I stopped liking his music.

How can someone call these good? They don’t even sound like Drake lol.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Some of you are really exposing yourself.
Say a band with four members co-writes a song.
An electronic producer loops a sample from that song over the drums from another song that has four writers and a separate synth with another writer.
Then Metro Boomin takes a sample from that song. You now have 11 writers on the song including Metro.
Still no vocals which will add more writers.
To say that Yachty having writing credit implies that we should have known he wrote the whole song is peak idiocy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No shyt, except drake himself and many of his fans put him in that GOAT conversation. It’s the only reason this thread matters :what:

We’re not talking Will Smith - no one cares people were wrtitjng for him. But literally out of the mouth of Drake came “last name, ever, first name, greatest”…in black Oprah’s 2024, people are posted up in his response thread calling him one of the GOATs and the greatest. Having full rap songs written for you is an automatic DQ
Jadakiss says he's top 5 dead or alive just off one LP. He ain't and I don't give a shyt how many times he or his fans suggest it. Plenty of people claim they're the best to ever do it. Their stans might back that claim. What really matters is when their peers and people who aren't stans back that claim.

Drake doesn't speak truth into existence and nor do his stans.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
He's the real life Madarame from Persona 5 :lolbron:

OVO Roster looking like the art gallery filled with the souls of all the artists he's "put on "
AYOOO :russ:

tenor.gif

:laff:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats more disappointing is drake couldnt get phonte to write for him with all the power he got? He got lil yachty to do it. :snoop: