Metroboomin Leaks "Jumbotron Sh*t Poppin'" Reference Track Exposing Drake

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I think you dudes are slow...
Duke was in the credits.. this isn't a reveal

Yatchy's aslibs are actually on the final track so yeah a credit would be standard anyway.

Being in the credits doesn't imply you wrote a whole song though.
That is new information as of Today due to a reference being leaked.

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
His stock increased when he dropped Lil Boat 3 :yeshrug:

giphy.gif

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You mean to tell me that nobody on the Coli has been interested enough to look at the writer credits on the music they listen to? Most mainstream rap is written by groups of people.

:mjlol: nikkas in here shocked and appalled.

":to: that's not hip-hop, tho."

Them days of rappers sitting alone in a room with a pen and a pad writng an entire album on their own with 0 help have been dead a long, long time.
No, people got smarter about their money and lead artists have been more generous. Every writing credit don’t mean cats was given whole verses, or even hooks. If I tell you two swap a word on three different lines, I get a credit. Your average fan cannot know if that credit is for being thrown a word, a line, a hook or a whole damn song. But this reference track lets us know what it was :sas2:

Last edited:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake just said yesterday his pen is hattori hanzo but now people tryna be like “oh it’s normal he doesn’t write, he never acted like he did”

Clowns

Yea if he just presented himself like "I make dope music, who gives a fukk" people wouldn't care nearly as much. He's portrayed himself as the #1 rapper and dope lyricist for years now

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Nothing Was the Same is his best album. He fell off after IYRTITL. I liked tough-guy Drake on that record but he kept the same formula and it got very stale very quickly.

This is my first post on here in three years LOL I want MORE BEEF. From all sides! :mjgrin:
I’m not putting NWTS over take care or IFYRTITL :yeshrug:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Collaboration on a song is one thing. Lines, a hook, a melody, ad-libs, etc.

Yachty wrote the WHOLE SONG and recorded a reference track for Drake to imitate.

From a creative standpoint, all of that being cited in the writing credits goes out the window with this example

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah but Drake fought the ghostwriting allegations so hard back in 2015. He should have just said that he gets hype and doesn’t care what we think.

That’s his doing not ours.

Boat is credited yes but he also has as libs which makes us believe that’s all he contributed. Not the whole fukking song.

If a Gillie reference leaked for Wayne I would never hear the end of it :dead:
Also everyone thought Yachty produced the records anyway. So him having writing credits didn't stand out. Anyone acting like this just some normal thing buggin tf out. This nikka Drake got caught out there AGAIN and I was finally finna start giving this nikka the benefit of the doubt. Smh.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
People gotta stop with this, "This is how songs are written today" bullsh*t.

Nah, this is Hip Hop. Go read some credits from the golden era classics. The only people that should be writing on the record, are the MC, the producer, and all guests on the track, or the people you sampled. You are NOT supposed to have other artists or writers penning your sh*t, if you're trying to pass as an MC. We are not gonna start changing the rules of the genre to cater to talentless dudes who don’t have the ability to bar up and pick up their own pen to write.

It didn't take 20+ writers to put together any of the classic albums from the 80's or 90's. The best sh*t that's ever been created in this culture, was done by actual greats who knew how to write lyrics and structure their own sh*t. People are letting popularity blur the line between real and fake, and that's not gonna fly. If you can't express yourself by writing your own sh*t, then what value are you even bringing to the table? The dude writing your sh*t should just make the songs his own, and we could listen to those. But this thing where these dudes are taking songs from other people, even for diss records, and trying to be the face of the words as if they're their own, is weird and needs to be called out. Every single time.

Get rid of ALL these n*ggas.

Last edited: