IMG-0740.png
What did Lupe do for Jay?
Nothing

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
The Yatchy version sounds way better. He should’ve kept this one.

I look at Yatchy in a different light when it comes to his talent. He been Drake’s consultant/ghostwriter for awhile now.

It’s not even a shocker anymore. Drake is a pop artist that’s only focused on his brand. I do believe he wrote at one point but as time went out he got too rich, lazy and lost creativity.

Last edited:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Me too. He literally had the same flow from 2009 until the QM album dropped. I was suspicious as soon as I heard that album.

And the stuff he was talking about it didn’t even seem like himself.
I was never a Drake fan but what that album dropped I hit my cousin up like "yooo Drake on some shyt with this"

When the references leaked it made perfect sense lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yo man had QM in the studio lol

That niqqa dont make beats lol
QM passed by the studio and Hitboy invited him in. He didn't even know Nas was there. Nas let him stay. Hit Boy flat out said it's asinine to think QM wrote a verse for Nas. Lupe was in the sessions for Black Album. That nikka don't make beats either. Cut the BS.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude been the “biggest” rapper supposedly all these years and hasn’t innovated a damn thing. He’s just been cosplaying as a rapper and riding waves of more talented people. What has Drake innovated? What has he given the culture? How has he pushed the genre forward sonically? Dude even stole his man’s dance moves for that Hotline Bling shyt :wow:.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Drake invented calling Toronto the 6 and calling himself 6 God. :mjlol:

That is this man’s major contribution to rap so far.

Toronto doesnt even call itself the 6. Its always been Tdot.
Nas has been accused of ghostwriting 3 different times

Ghost got a Ghost

2pac took a entire song from his friend

Lil wayne had writers and then the gillie situation

Snoop obviously

LL got verses from 50 and others

Etc…

I said all that to say this

Jay Z the fukking goat
:banderas:

It wouldnt surprise me if ghostwriting was more common than we knew. Someone back on sohh that said they were an insider in the industry said that the labels basically got calling in artists who sent their demo tapes in to write for someone else, a plant, to perform their music. Basically figureheads. Drake, cardi b, ice spice, 69... who knows who else.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"Speaking on how he developed the relationship with Jay Z, Lupe recalled being present for different parts of the recording process for The Black Album.

"Just built this rapport with Jay," he said. "Being able to go to Baseline [Studios], see him put together joints like The Black Album and stuff like that, be a part of that, give him joints for that. So, he's always been in the mix, not so much the past couple albums or the past few years but still the homie though."

:sas2:

. :russ: :russ: :russ: