Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, PS4) (October 11, 2024)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The framerate dipping along with those load times :huhldup:

This game has no excuses to be running so terribly either. Its on the same engine as Royal/Reload with some low ass quality character models and its cross-gen :snoop:

It’s like every developer just gave up this generation as far as optimization goes

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Playing five hours of Metaphor ReFantazio proved what I'd been thinking for years since I fell in love with Persona – that the series foundation could reach new heights if used in a different context. And the context here is a violent political fantasy drama. The daily structure and social sim mechanics built around a turn-based RPG are so familiar but have been revamped in several small yet impactful ways, and it's shaping up to be a brilliant, synergistic way of exploring an entirely new and fascinating fiction in the comfort of a framework I already know and love.

Preview: Metaphor: ReFantazio Won't Blow You Away in Its First Hour - Push Square
Metaphor: ReFantazio Preview – The year's most beautiful RPG - The Sixth Axis
Metaphor: ReFantazio is far more than just Persona in fantasy clothing, it could be a new high bar for the genre - Eurogamer
Metaphor: ReFantazio preview: an interesting setup but a slow-paced opening act - TechRadar

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
This game has no excuses to be running so terribly either. Its on the same engine as Royal/Reload with some low ass quality character models and its cross-gen :snoop:

It’s like every developer just gave up this generation as far as optimization goes
is it bc it's coming out for PS4 as well? or bc the devs are just lazy?

i'm still buying regardless of frame drops

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
why would anyone think this wasn't guaranteed fire
I think people were more on the wait and see level, it’s the first new IP they have touched in years. People are to used to Persona and Shin Megami tensei from them.

In truth there should have never been any doubt as Atlus seen overly confident with this with all the trailers and expo revealed for this game.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think people were more on the wait and see level, it’s the first new IP they have touched in years. People are to used to Persona and Shin Megami tensei from them.

In truth there should have never been any doubt as Atlus seen overly confident with this with all the trailers and expo revealed for this game.

yeah they know they got another 100+ hour RPG classic on their hands :wow: . They been so eager to show off the game that people were getting annoyed with how much they were showing so early :pachaha:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I am passing on this. It's more SMT than what I wanted.
Just curious as in what? From what has been said some have said this perfects some of the persona mechanics (they didn’t elaborate though to avoid spoilers). I haven’t seen any SMT mentions apart from this being a dark story that covers certain controversial topics. Is it the magic system?

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Just curious as in what? From what has been said some have said this perfects some of the persona mechanics (they didn’t elaborate though to avoid spoilers). I haven’t seen any SMT mentions apart from this being a dark story that covers certain controversial topics. Is it the magic system?

The game play made think ATLUS was going to straight their wings but it ended being more of the same. Was hoping it be more of an action game that incorporated personas like Astral Chains but instead its a basically a remake of devil survivor.