Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, PS4) (October 11, 2024)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Atlus has provided the latest information on the title " Metaphor: Refantasio " for PlayStation 5 (PS5), PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Windows/Steam), which will be released on Friday, October 11, 2024. Published.

What was revealed was the game's battle system, including ``Fast,'' which allows you to attack enemies directly while moving within a dungeon, and ``Squad,'' which fights in command battles. Other information has also been revealed, including the ``archetypes'' that can transform during command battles, the ``armored tanks'' that the protagonists ride to travel through the wilderness, and the facilities in the cities they visit on their journeys.

fast & squad​

This game's battle system uses a system called ``Fast & Squad,'' which allows for dungeon battles that are not available in previous command battles.
Specifically, as you move through the dungeon, you can switch between ``Fast,'' an action in which you attack enemies directly, and ``Squad,'' which is a command battle.
[IMAGE]
a47c0fc71e77f5f9ed5490a04408f9369.jpg

fairy eyes​

Fairy Eyes is an ability of the main character's partner, the fairy Garika. It can sense the surrounding situation and grasp the danger level of the enemy. You will be able to understand the strength of the monsters that await you in dangerous dungeons and use different fighting methods.
[IMAGE]
ab39278090d53843733479d980361e4d9.jpg

fast​

"Fast" is an effective fighting method against lower-ranked enemies that you have already fought.
On the field, you can perform actions such as the lock-on function, dash, and evasion, and if you wipe out enemies with "Fast" while paying attention to enemy attacks , you will be able to comfortably proceed through dungeon exploration.
Additionally, the "Fast" attack method changes depending on the archetype the player is equipped with, so finding a "Fast" fighting method that suits you will be effective in conquering dungeons.

a603e2de8f7fdbd801323e9649e7524ae.jpg

party organization​

The party members who act together with the main character have rich personalities.
The strategy in command battles will change greatly depending on the archetypes possessed by party members and their combinations

a5c0bfca9f6f9cb14c28480129b9687ae.jpg

"Archetype" organization​

When a party member awakens a new archetype, they can freely replace the awakened archetype. By analyzing the abilities of dungeons and enemies and equipping them with archetypes that suit the situation, you will be able to compete against even higher-class enemies.

a0c75a3e81bf5e04180fee830ce0eabeb.jpg

Create bonds and gain supporters​

The protagonist will meet various people on his journey. Among them, there are those who form bonds with the protagonist and deepen their relationship with them, becoming supporters of the protagonist, ``followers.'' Interacting with your followers is also an important element of your journey, as you can awaken to archetypes and gain various abilities by deepening your bonds with your followers.

a4de06f33d0f844e05a5dcadfc1b664dd.jpg

So much more info on Famitsu: 『メタファー:リファンタジオ』コマンドバトルの進化系“ファスト&スクワッド”や英雄像の力“アーキタイプ”など最新情報が公開 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

squad​

Enemies displayed in yellow or red with Garika's fairy eyes are dangerous monsters for the protagonists. Since you cannot compete with strong enemies in "Fast" mode, it is effective to shift to command battle in "Squad" mode.
Also, if you continue to attack in "Fast" mode, you can stun the enemy and enter a command battle with an advantage.
a77f9dc3ef4ba17d3ec56a72ba8be235f.jpg

command battle​

In this game's command battles, you can form a party of up to four people and fight.
The number of members that can be added to the party can increase up to seven as the scenario unfolds, making it possible to create a variety of party formations that take advantage of each character's individuality.
ac2cc1fbb193f8b4b0aa5bef08f89f6d3.jpg

aaf18313d36afd09b0d987a235cf90ac1.jpg

A labyrinth that invites travelers to death​

The dungeons are filled with strong enemies and many gimmicks that will prevent you from reaching your destination, but it's worth taking on the challenge regardless of the risks, such as expensive treasures and powerful weapons.
a43f58cc1a0a78b73ef157e7af6a22e3d.jpg

acff0344767160abf5abd708c89ce7e18.jpg

What is an "archetype"?​

The protagonists face their own insecurities, form bonds with their followers who support them, and by building relationships of trust, awaken the power archetype of the heroic image.
After awakening to an archetype, the protagonists transform into the appearance of the archetype they are equipped with during command battles.
a73f053781555b8aabb66ac461b0b80d9.jpg

a9d694578f24f62be9d2b62eed4be43b1.jpg

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This Bizarro Persona bout to be IT, almost done with P3R now. Stellar Booty is next. I will start FFVIIGOATBIRTH HARD MODE after that but clearing everything for Metaphor day one.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Number 1B on my list of games for the rest of the year, Black Myth Wukong is 1A but this here :ohlawd:

Just started my ATLUS games journey, I had Odins Sphere Leifthrashir but after copping P5Royal and playing a trial of P3Reload I know this is a potential GOTY

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Number 1B on my list of games for the rest of the year, Black Myth Wukong is 1A but this here :ohlawd:

Just started my ATLUS games journey, I had Odins Sphere Leifthrashir but after copping P5Royal and playing a trial of P3Reload I know this is a potential GOTY
This is my number 1 most anticipated for the remainder of the year now. I have this nagging feeling at the back of my mind regarding black myth. I just don’t think it will deliver and will be shocked if it even delivers on half the hype.