Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, PS4) (October 11, 2024)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just hope its dope since its covering both

I guess we’ll see how it works. They described it as kind of a way to keep a steady pace to the gameplay and not bog you down with tedium so i think they have the right idea.

There’s only so many persona/smt games you can play in one year (generation) at this point

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I guess we’ll see how it works. They described it as kind of a way to keep a steady pace to the gameplay and not bog you down with tedium so i think they have the right idea.

There’s only so many persona/smt games you can play in one year (generation) at this point
Speak for yourself breh, these are the games I actually find time for to beat.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Persona 3 Reload, SMTV Vengence, and Metaphor this year?
It's going to happen breh.

Persona 3 Reload Collector's Edition

SMTV For Switch

It's been preordered on Steam.
Screenshot%202024-04-22%20234135.png

I'll make it up to Gamestop to preorder the collector's edition of this after my son's basketball game tomorrow.

The Persona/SMT Ethos is just one that I rock with heavily. It's why I did beat Soul Hackers 2

With this, I'll get it popping.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's going to happen breh.

Persona 3 Reload Collector's Edition

SMTV For Switch

It's been preordered on Steam.
Screenshot%202024-04-22%20234135.png

I'll make it up to Gamestop to preorder the collector's edition of this after my son's basketball game tomorrow.

The Persona/SMT Ethos is just one that I rock with heavily. It's why I did beat Soul Hackers 2

With this, I'll get it popping.

I think im just gonna rock with Metaphor and maybe I’ll consider SMTV depending on what the release schedule for the 2nd half of the year looks like.

But I expect Persona 6 next year also

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I think im just gonna rock with Metaphor and maybe I’ll consider SMTV depending on what the release schedule for the 2nd half of the year looks like.

But I expect Persona 6 next year also
prepare to be disappointed when we get that Persona 4 remake instead :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
prepare to be disappointed when we get that Persona 4 remake instead :francis:
I'm honestly fine with that. Persona 4 Golden was my favorite and most memorable RPG game during the PS3/Vita generation. Though I would prefer P6 for the QOL updates to be implemented in P4 Remake.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I'm honestly fine with that. Persona 4 Golden was my favorite and most memorable RPG game during the PS3/Vita generation. Though I would prefer P6 for the QOL updates to be implemented in P4 Remake.
Well remakes for P1 + P2 should come first, but knowing Atlus a P4 remake would come first before those two.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Metaphor: ReFantazio Famitsu Interview - Dev started after Catherine Full Body in 2019. Protag = Not Blank Slate. Fast & Squad System​

Finally, this title's release date has been announced. I imagine you've put a considerable amount of effort into the game until now, but looking back, how do you feel?

Hashino: The first few years was a period of preparation while developing Catherine: Full Body (released in 2019), so development began in earnest after that. In a sense, the most challenging period was when we were forced to work remotely, but now we've almost completed preparations for multi-platform compatibility and a simultaneous worldwide release. We've finally reached this point.
The package illustration drawn by Shigenori Soejima is also spectacular.

Hashino: First, let me provide some additional details about the title's logo placed in the center of the visual. It's inspired by the main street of the royal capital, with perspective applied towards the "A" in the middle, which is meant to evoke the cathedral in the story. Below the logo, you can see the protagonists leading the masses, while their adversaries are depicted above.

Metaphor-Key-Art.png

In a previous interview, Soejima-san mentioned this about the protagonist: "While there is a "player = protagonist" dynamic, the protagonist isn't simply a blank slate. I designed him as an androgynous young man with a gentle yet intriguing aura, possessing a strong gaze." Indeed, the illustration conveys a different atmosphere compared to the protagonists of the Persona series.

Hashino: This game's protagonist has a clear mission, aiming to become king to fulfill that goal. However, he is not the type to strategically aim for the throne with calculated moves, but rather, he is a young man with a charisma he's unaware of, with an innate heroism, who eventually gathers support from people. He's someone that might revolutionize the world because of his purity.

So, this heroism relates to the type of Archetypes the protagonists awaken to?

Hashino: Such things lie dormant in people's hearts and awaken as they confront their anxieties and fears… that is what is manifested as an "Archetype" in this game's world. In real life, we also sometimes receive strength from others or realize new ways of seeing things through interaction. The protagonist also meets such people on his journey and gains invaluable strength. In depicting this game's "journey", I thought that incorporating such "bonds" into the system would be natural.

Source: Metaphor: ReFantazio Developer Interview on Protagonist's Goals, Archetypes, 'Fast & Squad' System - Persona Central