Metal Gear Solid is the most overrated franchise in the history of gaming

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Hear me out then "think" about it :whoa:

Metal Gear on Nintendo was decent, but wasn't thought of as anything special. It was more famous for having cigarettes and nudie magazines in it :manny:

Metal gear 2 was even less special in the scheme of gaming, I never heard anyone anywhere mention it as a notable title. At the time at least. Revisionist might have you thinking it was a big deal :francis:

Metal Gear Solid hits the scene and it was one of the first titles to really take advantage of new hardware and MGS with full voice overs is now in a 3D space, set up to resemble a movie. And it was epic, boss fights took strategy, it was refreshing to see.

I personally loved metal gear solid 2, but a lot of lamers didn't like it because the story didn't go as they hoped :wrist:

Metal Gear solid 3 for whatever reason was missed by gamers, maybe it came at a time of console transition? I don't know why so many missed out on mgs3 but the few who did play it claim it's the best of the entire series. Why was it the least played tho???

Metal Gear solid 4 is what killed the series off imo. For starters it couldn't live up to the expectations. If MGS2 was the last mgs you played then MGS4 was a good follow up but didn't wow you like you probably was expecting. And if you played mgs3 then you'll notice how easy MGS4 was in comparison. The story was becoming a parody of itself at this point as well.

Metalgear 5 gamers hoped it would either be the sequel to MGS2 they felt they didn't get or :hula: the sequel to MGS3 that those gamers didn't get. New gen hardware, open world? Sounds awesome, sign me up!!! The game came, went, the reactions was that it was alright :francis:

So after 7 Metal Gear Games (not including the handheld versions) I only rock with metalgear, metal gear solid and MGS2 like that. If you only really rock with 2/3 MGS games as well then this series is overrated in your opinion. I agree :handshake:

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
IN.

This could get bloody.

@OP
:smugdraper:
1. Didn't even read. But this better be the BEST explanation ever.. because most overrated franchise..ever. Really? Sure you're not missing a shytload of other game franchises..?
2. So what ARE better game franchises?

I will see even as a true fan, I can see how the story is a bunch of mumbling to many people. You have to be a DEEP hardcore fan (pause) to get everything. But other than that.. damn.. DAMN it's good usually (Metal Gear Solid 2... wow). Most played game in 2017 for me: MGS V..

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I'm not hearing shyt out. Negged
You sir are a true fanboy tho, so mgs4 being exclusive is why most of you even mention it. It's riding off of the exact same wave as a Killzone :hula: Driveclub :hula: mod nation racing. I could go on forever when it comes to you and hype :rolleyes:

So don't hear me out, just blindly Stan like you're known for :tu:
IN.

This could get bloody.

@OP
:smugdraper:
1. Didn't even read. But this better be the BEST explanation ever.. because most overrated franchise..ever. Really? Sure you're not missing a shytload of other game franchises..?
2. So what ARE better game franchises?

I will see even as a true fan, I can see how the story is a bunch of mumbling to many people. You have to be a DEEP hardcore fan (pause) to get everything. But other than that.. damn.. DAMN it's good usually (Metal Gear Solid 2... wow). Most played game in 2017 for me: MGS V..
1.) If you didn't read then don't ask me no questions. Maybe it was answered already

2.) This isn't a "what franchise do you like better" discussion. It's about MGS being overrated. Let's keep the goalposts where they belong m'kay :handshake:
How would you know if you never tried the Sony side? :mjlol:

Stay in yo lane.
The only Sony console I didn't own is the ps4, and that's because with most franchises going multiplat I don't feel Sony's exclusives are good enough for me to get one. I've played every game that matters this gen. I didn't play Nioh for instance and go "I gotta get a ps4 today :gladbron:" The PS4pro would have been a good reason for me to get one if it was actually significantly more powerful than the base model..it's not :yeshrug:

How old are you? You ever have a nes cartridge and use rubbing alcohol to clean it? No? This is my lane, tell your mother I said heeeeey!
Far from most overrated ever, but the shyt is overrated as fukk...
Far from? Well what would you put ahead of it in your opinion

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I won't say overrated but them developers milked the shyt out of Metal gear ignoring and neglecting their other games such as Policenauts, ZOE, Snatcher, Soul Of Samurai and etc.
This.

I low key think Crackdown, Twisted Metal, Sonic, and Half-Life might be able to challenege MGS.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The only Sony console I didn't own is the ps4, and that's because with most franchises going multiplat I don't feel Sony's exclusives are good enough for me to get one. I've played every game that matters this gen. I didn't play Nioh for instance and go "I gotta get a ps4 today :gladbron:" The PS4pro would have been a good reason for me to get one if it was actually significantly more powerful than the base model..it's not :yeshrug:

How old are you? You ever have a nes cartridge and use rubbing alcohol to clean it? No? This is my lane, tell your mother I said heeeeey!
Yet you don’t talk like you owned a Sony console.

This thread from you doesn’t surprise me since it’s mainly a Sony series.

You just sit down and find many ways to bash Sony.

It’s creepy.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
This.

I low key think Crackdown, Twisted Metal, Sonic, and Half-Life might be able to challenege MGS.
I can't agree with those titles because those other titles don't get the hype metal gear gets. Crackdown? There is no hyoe outside of will the cloud engine deliver. There was only 2 of them, They batting 500 at the moment. Twisted metal and sonic are getting milked but isn't overrated as a franchise :stop: Half-Life I would agree if there was more games (like MGS)and it didn't move the genre, yet still got the hype.

Which metal gear games are your favorite(s)
Most overrated ever? No

Has it certainly started falling off? Hell yes and it started with the 4th game. What an absolute mess of a game that was. 5 was just piling on with how disorganized that piece of shyt was.
So then which ones are GREAT to you? I'm not saying this series was always trash. MGS1 & 2 = :whew:

MG 1&2 + MGS 3/4/5 don't really move the needle. Some swear by 3, is that enough to go it's not overrated? What other game you know of getting this type of hype when it hasn't had a GREAT entry since the ps2 :dahell:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Yet you don’t talk like you owned a Sony console.

This thread from you doesn’t surprise me since it’s mainly a Sony series.

You just sit down and find many ways to bash Sony.

It’s creepy.
It's a shtick :snoop:

MG is multiplat, you can buy every game except for MGS4 on Xbox If that's your angle. The first two was Nintendo. I guess I took the wind out of your fanboy sails :win: