Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty looking back..

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
I have such a love-hate relationship w/ this game. While I appreciate the overarching allegory and how some of the themes are even more relevant today...the linear gameplay, lack of bosses bugs the shyt out of me. In shadow Moses we duel mantis, wolf, grey fox, raven, ocelot. There are only 4 members of dead cell (the main antagonist included) and we only fight two of them. Fortune, while a cool concept, we could’ve used at least one or two more cronies to take on in the big shell. Didn’t even get to square up w/ olgaNinja.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I have such a love-hate relationship w/ this game. While I appreciate the overarching allegory and how some of the themes are even more relevant today...the linear gameplay, lack of bosses bugs the shyt out of me. In shadow Moses we duel mantis, wolf, grey fox, raven, ocelot. There are only 4 members of dead cell (the main antagonist included) and we only fight two of them. Fortune, while a cool concept, we could’ve used at least one or two more cronies to take on in the big shell. Didn’t even get to square up w/ olgaNinja.

Your memory is crusty. You don't fight just two of them.

You fight Vamp (2x's), Fortune, Fatty and Solidus (2x's).
You fight Olga once. You fight Metal Gear Ray.

I just counted 8 boss battles from the top of my head.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
"My codename is deep throat" :dahell:

My religious uncle heard that sh1t and saw my cuz & I :russ:

He gave us the:birdman: and told us to turn the game off. Mind u we 16 & 18 years old at the time. So we was :martin: until he went to sleep or dipped off.

So it's classic imo just for that memory alone
:dead:
He never heard about the Watergate guy?

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Idk. I doubt it. He just didn’t like we was being “unacceptable”. Unc was a wild boy for that shyt. We damn near grown men being told turn off a video game lol
I understand. My folks is the same way. Let my grandmama or uncle catch me and my brother watching something vulgar. We'd get drowned in holy water. The same uncle stay calling people all kinds of low down nikkas and honkies tho.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I started replaying this game a year or so ago but got frustrated during the metal gear ray fight. Never went back.
Funny how Kojima tried to do the same 4th wall break in MGSV that he did in MGS2 but it went way better in two. :heh:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Your memory is crusty. You don't fight just two of them.

You fight Vamp (2x's), Fortune, Fatty and Solidus (2x's).
You fight Olga once. You fight Metal Gear Ray.

I just counted 8 boss battles from the top of my head.
I don’t include Solidus, the harrier, or sniping Vamp for 18 seconds separate foes. Olga isn’t in dead cell and that “boss” is in the tanker chapter

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The ending on this game tho. :wow:

I remember being in high school playing through this and finishing the game late at night with nobody else around. When they randomly started breaking the fourth wall it had me legit wondering if I was dreaming and/or had gone crazy. For a minute I was just as confused as Raiden about whether my life was a lie. Sitting in my room at 2am like :mindblown:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don’t include Solidus, the harrier, or sniping Vamp for 18 seconds separate foes. Olga isn’t in dead cell and that “boss” is in the tanker chapter
You see all 4 Dead Cell bosses in this video...

There's a boss fight for each and every one of em.

:ufdup:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I started replaying this game a year or so ago but got frustrated during the metal gear ray fight. Never went back.
Funny how Kojima tried to do the same 4th wall break in MGSV that he did in MGS2 but it went way better in two. :heh:
It make me sick how MGSV turned out. It had the potential to be the GOAT game period. Story was nonexistent, characters were weak, sorry excuses for boss fights, no codex, just a let down. The whole medic/venom snake twist had potential, but the execution was half azzed.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
It make me sick how MGSV turned out. It had the potential to be the GOAT game period. Story was nonexistent, characters were weak, sorry excuses for boss fights, no codex, just a let down. The whole medic/venom snake twist had potential, but the execution was half azzed.
I actually got stuck at damn near the very end of MGSV. I can't get pass the last part where all them tanks and shyt is coming and you have to take them out with the rocket launcher. There's not even a cargo container for me to extract myself back to the base. It's been about four years since I touched that game. WTF were they thinking?