Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty looking back..

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313
I thought this game was great, I guess I'm not shocked so many hated it because of Raiden but that was easy to get over for me.

The story is deep, and I was definitely too young to get all the layers back then. The conversations with Campbell at the end tripped me out. I'm pretty sure it was 3-4am as I was going through that portion.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Story made no sense.
Gameplay was good. Not as good as part 1.
Overall it was a 7.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
"My codename is deep throat" :dahell:

My religious uncle heard that sh1t and saw my cuz & I :russ:

He gave us the:birdman: and told us to turn the game off. Mind u we 16 & 18 years old at the time. So we was :martin: until he went to sleep or dipped off.

So it's classic imo just for that memory alone

When did your uncle find the Lord??

He knew exactly what deep throat was when he heard that.

:russ:

A Ned Flanders type wouldn't know what that means.

:mjlol:

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Story made perfect sense, just ahead of its time

Yea man, Kojima was on some next shyt with that game. 911 happened shortly after the game was out, so for Kojima depict a terrorist attack (By the Sons of Liberty) in lower Manhattan was some next shyt.

The game touched on how social media was going to lead to civil unrest, and then censorship.

Artificial Intelligence’s role in shaping not only our society but our genetics. The game was litered with predictions that we see happening now.

Kojima was inspired by a lot of American writers as well, Orwell being one.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
"What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context. The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards development of convenient half-thruths. Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large. The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right".
idk what this means
:wow::noah:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I would really like to play this and :whoa:Snake Eater:dame: again, both were Classics. Anything Stealth owes it to the MGS Series, the title "Sons Of Liberty" had Me :ohhh::wow: Sold upon this game's release.:whew:

Strut F:ohlawd:
Taking the wrong Box on purpose and getting sent to Strut H.
In 3, I used to set up so much c4 off on the Enemy's Food Supply, them Brehs were extra :flabbynsick: by the time I got to the Middle of the Jungle they were patrolling, that feature always had Me :dead: "So Hungry, I'm Famished" :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great fukkin game :banderas:

This was actually my intro to the series and I loved this shyt..

I need to play it again as I don't remember the story at all and Kojima shyt is already confusing to begin with..

Snake Eater took it to another level for me though

I’m the exact same. 2 was my first one, so the snake/Raiden controversy did nothing for me. But 3 is still my favorite overall.

2’s Story is fukkin WILD :mjlol: