Metal Gear Solid 2 is still the best in the series

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed 2 and 4 both better than 3. Maybe because of how hyped up it was, I didn't particularly care for 3.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Metal Gear Solid 2 could never be the best in the series, off the strength of Raiden.
I'm sorry.
And this is coming from prolly one of the ONLY cats in here who listened/collected/hunted for ALL The lore.
All of it.
I'm reading all the thesis statements in the menus that cats don't even know exist, so I'm heavily invested in this shyt when I was playing.
And Raiden, while no Solid Snake/Big Boss, is ultimately a whiney character surrounded by a cast of other middling characters that ultimately tanked a very good premise with regards to the Government, Politics and the future of Technology being used past spying to ultimately control the fabric of American Society.
How the fukk you going to lay all that heavy shyt down on the player and they got to listen to the Codec chick whining about Jack being an Incel lone wolf who's only purpose is to prove himself in actual combat instead of the VR maelstrom he supposedly mastered?
Miss me all the way with that shyt. It's the main reason Snake Eater came through and crushed the buildings, so to speak with WAY more fleshed out characters worthy of the material Kojima stole the whole MG structure from.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I may have to cop this on the switch ….. haven’t played this game since it dropped back in the days …. Didn’t like it as a kid …. Didn’t understand the story

Edit: plus I thought radien was a fish

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Might be nostalgia talking since the game blew my mind in middle school, but the OG MGS was always my favorite.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This bait like a motherfukker but I'm still gonna take it.

fukk outta here. MGS2 is the worst of the series by far.