Meta Quest 3 |OT| The quest for greatness

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
So, it's past 3 in the morning where I'm at, should have had my ass in bed a long time ago but this kept me up. To reiterate, First Encounters, the premise is simple but the execution is watershed moment like to me. If there is ever the promise of what new hardware can do, it's that. I want more of that. Other things is that the games load faster than before, look better than before. I will finally be able to play the Walking Dead games and not grown through the muddy textures.

Good times ahead.
I played that in an empty room and it blew my mind.. imagine an triple a game like that :wow:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I successfully connected my steam deck to my quest 3 via virtual desktop

I won’t be needing the 512 as I can stream movies from my deck.. use a microsd card for storage for 3d movie collection

You mean Microsd card on the steam deck correct?

I went for the 512gb.. I have a 64gb quest 2 and always regretted not going with the bigger option. So didn’t want to make that mistake twice

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
You mean Microsd card on the steam correct?

I went for the 512gb.. I have a 64gb quest 2 and always regretted not going with the bigger option. So didn’t want to make that mistake twice
yea..but after using it for a while.. I probly need the 512 for games and mods etc.. so I’ll be returning mine next week and getting the 512.

Edit: Also there is an app called 4xvr for quest that lets you stream movies off a usbc drive.. you can also watch 3d bluray iso files off it :banderas:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I got my delivered today too. I'm charging it up (I got the charging dock, which charges the headset and included charging batteries that wirelessly charge on the dock for the controllers too). It has a higher resolution than my Quest Pro and old Quest 2, so that's why I got it. I'm mainly going to play PCVR games on it via the link cable. I might try some fitness apps to use the Quest 3 wirelessly and to exercise.

I've been watching some youtube videos trying to look into what accessories to get.
I was getting the impression that streaming PCVR games over wifi made the link cable unnecessary. Is there actually an increase in quality when using a link cable? Is it worth spending money on?