Meta Quest 3 |OT| The quest for greatness

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I got my delivered today too. I'm charging it up (I got the charging dock, which charges the headset and included charging batteries that wirelessly charge on the dock for the controllers too). It has a higher resolution than my Quest Pro and old Quest 2, so that's why I got it. I'm mainly going to play PCVR games on it via the link cable. I might try some fitness apps to use the Quest 3 wirelessly and to exercise.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The Quest 3 refuses to pair with my pc via the link cable. The Pro works just fine. This Quest 3 purchase mighta been a big fail on my end :snoop:

The hand tracking, while rudimentary, is actually really cool. I’m definitely more interested in that new Apple headset now.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The Quest 3 refuses to pair with my pc via the link cable. The Pro works just fine. This Quest 3 purchase mighta been a big fail on my end :snoop:

The hand tracking, while rudimentary, is actually really cool. I’m definitely more interested in that new Apple headset now.
I love the tech in Apple's vr but I'm not a part of that ecosystem. Not to mention, who, outside of Apple is going to truly support it? That's my worry. It's no where near mass market pricing. If they clear that part up, I'll figure out how to explain this purchase to the wife.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I love the tech in Apple's vr but I'm not a part of that ecosystem. Not to mention, who, outside of Apple is going to truly support it? That's my worry. It's no where near mass market pricing. If they clear that part up, I'll figure out how to explain this purchase to the wife.
I was thinking about that. It's more for productivity with certain applications I guess. It's also a novelty feature, where you can move screens all around you, and that might wear off quickly. You're right, they need a good set of apps for it to work, or it will fall the way of the Quest Pro (which tried to do the same thing Apple is trying).

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Also, I dunno if it's my vision changing or whatnot, but the screen appears clearer than my Pro or Quest 2. The resolution increase isn't that much from the other two, but I guess it is noticeable to me.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
IMG-1673.jpg

We did it :wow:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Planning on hooking up my steam deck to it and streaming it to the oculus wirelessly… should be less lag then gamepass right lol

It’ll be like having my own projector without the additional cost… quest 2 can do this but no color passthrough

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Planning on hooking up my steam deck to it and streaming it to the oculus wirelessly… should be less lag then gamepass right lol

It’ll be like having my own projector without the additional cost… quest 2 can do this but no color passthrough
The color passthrough is actually a lot better than I expected. It’s pretty clear in comparison to previous models. I was interacting with my pc screen to click the oculus icon, and could do that with the headset on.

I wanna see what Apple’s 4K looks like now. You could probably fully read text on a pc monitor with it.