Meta Announces Meta Quest Pro (Will Retail for $1499)

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
:mjlol:

I got one for free from the company I used to work for. I played Half-Life Alyx on it, and it was a good experience. With the Quest 3 coming out, I'll bush this shyt with the swiftness though.

It was a product that literally made no sense. It makes no sense when you look at the Quest road map. This is a Zuckerberg inspired product that was destined to fail.

Another one bites the dust. :wow:

But VR just needs a couple years tho……..:mjlol:

Breh, it's was DOA from the jump. The Quest 3 will be different. It may serve as the only game in town but it's going to move units.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It was a product that literally made no sense. It makes no sense when you look at the Quest road map. This is a Zuckerberg inspired product that was destined to fail.

Breh, it's was DOA from the jump. The Quest 3 will be different. It may serve as the only game in town but it's going to move units.
Zuck is obsessed with creating the Metaverse. He thought this bulky kinda AR headset with terrible passthrough was going to be it :dead:

In his mind he thought people were actually going to spend their workday with this thing on for 3 or 4 hours at a time. He thought people were going to have virtual meetings in the metaverse with this thing. :russ:

I can kinda see his vision about the metaverse though. It's just that the headsets are nowhere near there yet. Nowhere near. The Apple one will likely fail too. Those shyts are just too bulky, and nobody wants to wear them to do their job. If/once they can make the headset the size of a pair of sunglasses, it'll be a different story. The problem is, when will that happen?

I like that Zuck is trying to push for innovation though. I love technology, so I applaud him for that.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Zuck is obsessed with creating the Metaverse. He thought this bulky kinda AR headset with terrible passthrough was going to be it :dead:

In his mind he thought people were actually going to spend their workday with this thing on for 3 or 4 hours at a time. He thought people were going to have virtual meetings in the metaverse with this thing. :russ:

I can kinda see his vision about the metaverse though. It's just that the headsets are nowhere near there yet. Nowhere near. The Apple one will likely fail too. Those shyts are just too bulky, and nobody wants to wear them to do their job. If/once they can make the headset the size of a pair of sunglasses, it'll be a different story. The problem is, when will that happen?

I like that Zuck is trying to push for innovation though. I love technology, so I applaud him for that.

Me too, I'll just get the device that I know will be supported. I want to see this in my lifetime one day.

I'll likely just use my Quest 3 to workout wtih, just like like use the 2 with but I can't wait to see what new stuff can be done with it.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Man that presentation in the OP had Apple all over it down to the dialogue :deadrose:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

I got one for free from the company I used to work for. I played Half-Life Alyx on it, and it was a good experience. With the Quest 3 coming out, I'll bush this shyt with the swiftness though.
Same situation as me. Company gave away thousands of these things to employees all over the globe and nobody uses them.
:russ:

I think I turned mine on twice in the last 2 years.