Men have an expiration date too.... When it comes to a career

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Depends on the person, I got a friend who it seemed like it was over for, his last chance was the Fire Department and they never called him back. He started driving for Uber & Amazon Flex, which gave him the idea for his business which is basically foolproof and could make him a millionaire in a very very short time. I want him to put me on, but he's not taking any investors, he's fully funding it with credit cards & cash, and when I say it can't fail I mean it really cant unless he just doesn't push for it.
:feedme: pm

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You get pigeon holed real quick in whatever is on your resume after 5 years.

Its hard to start a new career at 30 making top dollar, they are going to pay you like a junior role. And that choice is going to be between you and a million other college kids.

Exactly. I see a couple dudes at 40 try and start a new career as Mechanic. That couldn't be me :hubie:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
This is real as fukk. I'm 32 and didn't take care of what I needed to take care of in my 20s,so I've sorta fukked myself over on the actual career, employed front. I've essentially forced my hand into the entrepreneurial space.

That's great breh, what kinda business you wanna get into?

You don't have to be too specific

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
As Black men, we spend way too much time, in years we should be working to maximize salary potential, chasing p*ssy.

If a Black man hasn't gotten on a certain salary trajectory by 35, it's likely he's going to max out in terms of his peak earnings what he's making in his early 30s.

So, if you're making $50k at 33, chances are you're going to be making somewhere in that ballpark at 45 and 55.

My advice to brehs is to maximize salary potential from 27-35. Get the certs, advanced degrees, etc.

Women will always be there.

:wow: