Men have an expiration date too.... When it comes to a career

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kevin Samuels is 51 and I believe him when he says he can more chicks now then he did in his 20’s. If your in good health and your money is right you will always eat regardless. My cousin is 57 has 4 baby mothers 6 kids and just had twins this year with one of my cousins from another side of the family who’s 35 years old with no children and makes a 6 figure income.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always said that women have an expiration date physically. Which is obviously true

But men have an expiration date when it comes to having a career. I'm not talking about men who already have a career and looking to expand on it or improve it. I'm talking about STARTING a career. The older you get, the more harder it is to begin a career and make good money for yourself

Whenever I hear an older person say, "Oh you're young, you got time", I hit em with the :camby:. nikkas is lying B. Time is ticking brehs. You don't want to be in your mid 30s in a dead end job then all of a sudden trying to be a Lawyer

Success takes time. And when you hit like 35, you have less and less time to "explore" because your responsibilities increase. When you start something fresh you got those 3-5 years of learning/gaining experience stages, where most likely you're not making the most money. Assuming you got a wife and kids by that time, you sure they gonna be ok with you tryna make it? :ld:

I'm tryna be a boring as fukk no life person now, so I can reap the benefits later :whew:

This is resoundingly false. Your base responsibilities remain the same whether you are 35 and a bagger or a bagger AND student. Self improvement happens at different paces and different circumstances for different people. This is such a dangerous post, insinuating a person past a certain age (especially 35, that IS young) embrace a life of mediocrity and unhappiness. A person should look to improve their situation no matter their age.

I have to constantly remind myself a lot of people here have no real world experience and quite frankly, express opinions that are full of holes just because it sounds slightly plausible.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts.

The older you get, the more the responsibilities you get engulfed with as a man...thus making concentration much more difficult because the expectations are higher. And when kids get involved, things just get much more complicated.

So it's always better to make hay while the sun shines and when you're younger/sharper, with less responsibilities.

It's better yes, but this is not FACTUAL as a whole. Again, this is saying, welp, you didn't build upon yourself when you were younger, go ahead and embrace mediocrity for the next 10-15 years or for the remainder of your life. Highly counter productive.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
This is resoundingly false. Your base responsibilities remain the same whether you are 35 and a bagger or a bagger AND student. Self improvement happens at different paces and different circumstances for different people. This is such a dangerous post, insinuating a person past a certain age (especially 35, that IS young) embrace a life of mediocrity and unhappiness. A person should look to improve their situation no matter their age.

I have to constantly remind myself a lot of people here have no real world experience and quite frankly, express opinions that are full of holes just because it sounds slightly plausible.

This thread hit a nerve huh?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm tryna be a boring as fukk no life person now, so I can reap the benefits later :whew:
This a terrible way of living:deadmanny:

I feel bad for u dudes that don't experience life fully and work boring ass careers u hate while young

Then when u old u will be miserable thinking about how u old and dusty and never really had excitement

Couldn't be me:wow:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Kevin Samuels is 51 and I believe him when he says he can more chicks now then he did in his 20’s. If your in good health and your money is right you will always eat regardless. My cousin is 57 has 4 baby mothers 6 kids and just had twins this year with one of my cousins from another side of the family who’s 35 years old with no children and makes a 6 figure income.
:dwillhuh:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
This a terrible way of living:deadmanny:

I feel bad for u dudes that don't experience life fully and work boring ass careers u hate while young

Then when u old u will be miserable thinking about how u old and dusty and never really had excitement

Couldn't be me:wow:

Who said I haven't experienced life :russ:

I've actually toned down the last couple years :whew:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
U said it:dead:

source.gif

Where did I say that?

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Men waste their health in regards to their money in their youth so they can spend their money on their health when they get older

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Are they related?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I was 35 I was making $11 an hour (paid cash) as a line cook working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. I made about 34k that year.

I'm 40 now and make over $30 an hour. I made 75k last year working in the paper industry and will make over 80k this year.

Don't EVER think it's too late to get your shyt together and get serious about your financial situation.