Meltzer Stinks!

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Another example of Dave being a clown
Network absolutely matters but this is a terrible example. The clown Dave does absolutely no research and has no clue about actual competitive sports so he just compared the rating on TBS and ESPN without factoring in the Wednesday game was exclusively airing on ESPN while the Tuesday game aired on TBS while also airing on both of the local Mets & Yankees affiliates which if you're a fan of your team you will prefer the local coverage over national coverage 9/10x

That's why I say Meltzer is basically just a functional retard. Imagine paying 12.99 a month for his bullshyt. :mjlol:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I see Dave calling people the “defense force” for wwe because he said this will be not Punk’s singles match and everyone else is saying house shows don’t count.

I didn’t start following him until the 2010s. but is this the worst year of his career?

If hes right or wrong about Punk wrestling before isn’t really my issue here but he’s been so wrong with wwe reports and his opinions are straight ass.

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Dude is a brilliant wrestling historian but a terrible journalist. Most of his WWE sources aren't there anymore, which is why he's been publicly put on blast on multiple occasions this year for incorrect info, and he's not even making an attempt to hide his bias

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Dude is a brilliant wrestling historian but a terrible journalist. Most of his WWE sources aren't there anymore, which is why he's been publicly put on blast on multiple occasions this year for incorrect info, and he's not even making an attempt to hide his bias
He's not a journalist
None of these wrestling bloggers are
ACTUAL journalists post retractions when they are wrong
When the fukk have you seen any of these goobers post a retraction?
That would half the damn newsletter nowadays :mjlol:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

The problem is that his biases are so strong and he gets so much wrong in the moment, it brings into question what he says historically

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He never had any sources, that's why JBL called him a useful idiot because they purposely fed him false info.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
He's not a journalist
None of these wrestling bloggers are
ACTUAL journalists post retractions when they are wrong
When the fukk have you seen any of these goobers post a retraction?
That would half the damn newsletter nowadays :mjlol:
I think Dave would say he's a journalist, now whether he's a good one or an ethical one is a different discussion. He's a journalist thr same way that SAS is. I think he purposefully obfuscates so much (the juelzing) so he doesn't need to post retractions. But I believe I had a discussion about this with @Hey_zeus at some point.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd argue the "brillant" part but yes, his best attribute has always been chronicling wrestling and putting up pieces that remember historical figures and events. Wouldn't call him brilliant because he's a godawful writer and how you present history is also important. He also makes the same mistake of relying too much on 1 source and sometimes he can get shyt wrong by exaggerating or downplaying it because his sources had a bias.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think Dave would say he's a journalist, now whether he's a good one or an ethical one is a different discussion. He's a journalist thr same way that SAS is. I think he purposefully obfuscates so much (the juelzing) so he doesn't need to post retractions. But I believe I had a discussion about this with @Hey_zeus at some point.
IIRC he's always said he's a journalist first because that's how he started (I think covering soccer and other sports) before he started his Newsletter.

The problem is that his biases are so strong and he gets so much wrong in the moment, it brings into question what he says historically
I mean, he does get shyt wrong historically too. But his output is so consistent that it gets lost in the shuffle. Dave puts up so much historical pieces that it's hard to judge him too harshly. Specially because he's still a damn good chronicler, regardless of how he might miss some details or whiff on some facts in some of his stories.

Someone like Steve Yohe shyts all over Dave in terms of being a historian, but Yohe ain't writing long ass pieces about events or wrestlers from all over the world from the past 50 years every single week for almost four decades straight.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Quite a stable of writers Meltzer has over there at the Wrestling Observer

:heh:

dude also works for the racist ass Voices of Wrestling site too :mjpls:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yo, I had no idea we had a blood feud between the guy that created PWInsider (Dave Scherer) and Meltzer :bryan:

GUQHUauXcAAht8A

GUQHWtYXkAA2hHi

:dead: :dead: :dead: