Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Dave Meltzer GIF - Dave Meltzer Meltzer GIFs

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Oooh that tism is strong in Dave

:russ:

The idea that a feud between two of the better all around workers in AEW is built on and around opinion grades, is both sad and totally plausible. I do think the introduction of the over 5 stars thing really did have a down stream impact to Meltzer's rating system. You break your scale then you start pulling things up closer to that while devaluing some of you older matches. For example Dave just gave the Ospreay-Fletcher match from Dynamite a couple of months ago 5* it's subjective clearly. But, I don't even remember anything slightly special about that match that was different from anything else on that show. But, it essentially is supposed to be on the same level as Austin-Bret at Mania 13, or Punk-Joe II or the AJ-Joe-Daniels X Div title match according to him. That just seems insane.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Oooh that tism is strong in Dave

:russ:

The idea that a feud between two of the better all around workers in AEW is built on and around opinion grades, is both sad and totally plausible. I do think the introduction of the over 5 stars thing really did have a down stream impact to Meltzer's rating system. You break your scale then you start pulling things up closer to that while devaluing some of you older matches. For example Dave just gave the Ospreay-Fletcher match from Dynamite a couple of months ago 5* it's subjective clearly. But, I don't even remember anything slightly special about that match that was different from anything else on that show. But, it essentially is supposed to be on the same level as Austin-Bret at Mania 13, or Punk-Joe II or the AJ-Joe-Daniels X Div title match according to him. That just seems insane.
Omega broke the scale back in 2017 and Ospreay is turning the scale into ashes.