Meltzer Hinting At The E Going For Someone Higher Than Jay White?

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Seeing reports that Meltzer put in the Observer this week that the E is looking at someone bigger than Jay White. This is the quote :
It is not clear what is next for White, although one would suspect WWE or AEW would be his next destination, because nothing else would make sense. Those in WWE who would normally know of major acquisitions during Mania season didn’t know about this one and only said that there was a much bigger major free agent in play right now that was internally the priority.

Who the fukk could it be? I’ve seen rumors of it being Kenny but I can’t see him wanting to leave at all. Punk? He’s washed but he’s a name I guess.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Kota Ibushi is the only high-profile current free agent that I know of, and he's open to working for WWE if they let him be a trainer and have high profile matches. His end goal ultimately is to be the next great wrestling trainer, it would seem.

Wouldn't consider him at this point to be bigger than Jay White given his age and injury history though.

Kenny Omega notably really hated the small amount of time he was with WWE developmental in Deep South Wrestling and he's already rejected them numerous times over the last decade. But Vince isn't there for the day-to-date, for the time being at least.

But if WWE gets some sort of deal with Kota Ibushi lined up? I could see Kenny potentially making that move.

Time is running out on Omega though. Given his age (turns 40 in October and he's been wrestling full-time since he was 17), his recent injury history, and the fact that just like a couple weeks ago he said he was STILL physically recovering from that Will Ospreay match, I could easily see his next contract being the last full-time contract he signs if he signs a long-term deal.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Unless Okada, Naito, or Ibushi are somehow in play, Meltzer is talking for the sake of talking. Most of the big names in AEW (Omega, Bucks, Punk, Danielson, MJF) aren't available for a while.
Actually the Bucks and Omega are due soon for a contract renewal. At least that's what I've heard. AEW may have added 8 months onto his deal though., I don't know if they do that like WWE does.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Actually the Bucks and Omega are due soon for a contract renewal. At least that's what I've heard. AEW may have added 8 months onto his deal though., I don't know if they do that like WWE does.

Believe all three of their contracts go through the end of 2023. Same with Hangman Page

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Its Dave Meltzer. So grain of SALT.

Also, fightful conveniently is reporting on Kenny omegas contract status today. Hmm..

Raj Giri guesses it's Sasha banks.

Eh, who the hell knows.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

I'm assuming their contract structure has the same injury clause that WWE has in there to add time.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I'm assuming their contract structure has the same injury clause that WWE has in there to add time.

If its Kenny then it would shake up WWE something serious, i think alot of talk would have to involve how Kenny can keep up appearances for NJPW
i know HHH wants him badly