Mel Gibson/Vince Vaughn Police Brutality Movie "Dragged Across Concrete," Racist Right-Wing Fantasy

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That bullshyt article is the coli version of right wingers being mad about the flag planting scene not being in First Man
lol, forreal. I mean...

Ridgeman's proposal of splitting the gold making each of their lives simpler is perfectly understandable and something Slim can accept given the motives of Ridgeman, yet even though he opted the plan Ridgeman's paranoia and sense of distrust becomes his undoing because he is afraid of losing even their mutally agreed on share of the deal. Slim becomes the "winner", becomes a successful real estate broker with a mansion by the ocean, taking care of his mom and his handicapped brother, makes good on his promise to Ridgeman to take care of his family even though he had zero incentive to do so. And to top it off, the film ends with a callback to the made-up Shotgun Safari game, the game of wild animal hunting they first criticized for being a rich white man's sport, but now has become a metaphor of him getting one over on the predators. And to top that off, the movie then kicks in a blaxploitation themed song produced for the movie performed by the O'Jays.

How anyone can perceive the film or the filmmaker as racist after this ending is utterly baffling to me. :mindblown:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The articles and reaction are funny after actually seeing it. I was expecting it'd be a modern version of The Shield where it's cops doing illegal sh1t against mostly worse criminals, but it's only a little bit like that. Mel Gibson's character is more honorable than some of the criminals (that dude executing people at the gas station) but him ultimately getting Vince Vaughn into a situation that gets him killed, and him pulling a gun on breh at the end when he didn't need to made him less of the good guy/main character than Tory Kittles.

Despite the name, police brutality is a very small part of the movie. Showing cops doing brutal or illegal things to "get results" isnt a factor outside of the one scene that they get suspended for, the rest of the movie is them planning and out and doing this heist.

And that ending is definetely not a racist right wing CACs fantasy. Watching the movie before talking about it is important.

Daps
The articles and reaction are funny after actually seeing it. I was expecting it'd be a modern version of The Shield where it's cops doing illegal sh1t against mostly worse criminals, but it's only a little bit like that. Mel Gibson's character is more honorable than some of the criminals (that dude executing people at the gas station) but him ultimately getting Vince Vaughn into a situation that gets him killed, and him pulling a gun on breh at the end when he didn't need to made him less of the good guy/main character than Tory Kittles. And that ending is definetely not a racist right wing CACs fantasy. Watching the movie before talking about it is important.

There is nothing honorable about Mel Gibson’s character in that, so they are right that many of you obtusely support police propaganda

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is nothing honorable about Mel Gibson’s character in that, so they are right that many of you obtusely support police propaganda

He was more honorable than the european guy in the suit and the guy who executed people at the gas station, yeah. He was going against ruthless killers of inocent people so by comparison he was a good guy in those interactions. Mel Gibson dragged his friend into something that got him killed, and was paranoid enough to pull his gun first on Tory Kittles at the end, so hes a bad guy in those situations, and ultimately Tory Kittles is the good guy of the movie and he wins. That's not propaganda.

Daps
He was more honorable than the european guy in the suit and the guy who executed people at the gas station, yeah. He was going against ruthless killers of inocent people so by comparison he was a good guy in those interactions. Mel Gibson dragged his friend into something that got him killed, and was paranoid enough to pull his gun first on Tory Kittles at the end, so hes a bad guy in those situations, and ultimately Tory Kittles is the good guy of the movie and he wins. That's not propaganda.

Neither are honorable, though. That is a strange way to phrase that. Are you going to argue that a homeless person on the streets is richer than a refugee next? Yes, it is propaganda because they (and you) try to have it appear that he was unjustly booted even with all of his corruption, and police brutality. Alright the guy in the suit is a terrible person. How is that negating Mel Gibson’s character being a terrible person?

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
This was shockingly bad.

Even objectively setting the racism aside, it was excruciatingly long and pretentious.

An awful experience and it should have gotten a million razzies.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People denying this being a racist fantasy look real questionable. Just the casting of Mel and Vince alone makes it a racist fantasy. I like his other two joints but he definitely has incel, edgelord vibes. He probably uses terms like "cancel culture"

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This film was very good. Brutal but good.

It was disgusting watching the bank teller go out like that. She just wanted to go home to her son. If this was real life, her husband would’ve been haunted forever :francis::francis: The only gripe I have is those disgusting Russians didn’t suffer enough for all the evil they did. They were just killing people for the fukk of it. They should’ve burned them alive at the end or something. Rant aside. Henry was a real one for still looking out for his boy Biscuit and the cop’s family. It’s weird that I understood where the cop was coming from, you got a tape of me shooting some chick but, at the same time I understood Henry too, because that’s his only leverage to stop you trying to murk him off. Which is why he’s a real cat for still looking out despite the misunderstanding in that final scene.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neither are honorable, though. That is a strange way to phrase that. Are you going to argue that a homeless person on the streets is richer than a refugee next? Yes, it is propaganda because they (and you) try to have it appear that he was unjustly booted even with all of his corruption, and police brutality. Alright the guy in the suit is a terrible person. How is that negating Mel Gibson’s character being a terrible person?

You letting your hatred of Mel Gibson the person influence your analysis of his character in the movie. Yea, his character was lightweight racist. Most cops are. It wouldn’t be realistic if he wasn’t. But he’s not the villain of the film. It’s about a group of guys on opposite sides of the law getting in over their heads dealing with people much worse than they are. The film does a very good job of showing there’s a difference between regular criminals like Henry and crooked cops like Ridgeman who still have some level of humanity compared to the Russian psychopaths. There’s no way you can watch those dudes committing brutal sadistic acts of murder and walk away thinking about Mel Gibson’s character. If anything I was happy when him and Vince Vaughn’s characters showed up hoping they’d kill the Russians for all the evil sh*t they did to other people throughout the movie. Y’all gotta actually watch the film before y’all start writing nonsense.

Last edited:
Daps
You letting your hatred of Mel Gibson the person influence your analysis of his character in the movie. Yea, his character was lightweight racist. Most cops are. It wouldn’t be realistic if he wasn’t. But he’s not the villain of the film. It’s about a group of guys on opposite sides of the law getting in over their heads dealing with people much worse than they are. The film does a very good job of showing there’s a difference between regular criminals like Henry and crooked cops like Ridgeman who still have some level of humanity compared to the Russian psychopaths. There’s no way you can watch those dudes committing brutal sadistic acts of murder and walk away thinking about Mel Gibson’s character. If anything I was happy when him and Vince Vaughn’s characters showed up hoping they’d kill the Russians for all the evil sh*t they did to other people throughout the movie. Y’all gotta actually watch the film before y’all start writing nonsense.

Stop quoting my posts because you are obviously a charlatan. I do not give shyt who they wrote as the antagonist. The character is despicable no matter the fact that there are characters who are more inhumane. Better by comparison is still not good, and you wrote all of that to say nothing

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop quoting my posts because you are obviously a charlatan. I do not give shyt who they wrote as the antagonist. The character is despicable no matter the fact that there are characters who are more inhumane. Better by comparison is still not good, and you wrote all of that to say nothing

Clown ass wannabe militant. The Locker Room is that way. Your dumb takes will get daps over there.

Daps
Clown ass wannabe militant. The Locker Room is that way. Your dumb takes will get daps over there.

You are such a petulant brat that you are getting outraged and quoting a post from years ago. Behave like a fukking adult already. The shyt is racist ass trash. Move the fukk on if you have a problem with that