Megan Thee Stallion's 'MEGAN' aiming for #3 debut on the Billboard 200 with nearly 65K units first week

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
The numbers these days confuse me cuz it’s hard to gauge an artist’s popularity when physical sales aren’t the barometer anymore. But I am surprised Meg has never had a #1 album. Yeah she’s “independent” but for all the mainstream and social media push she gets I would think she was popular enough to get the 1 spot.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People on here just don't want to be "wrong" about it... they thought Nicki was finished because of her husband and some other behind the scenes bullshyt going on but in reality the fans still came out and supported Nicki. What did she sell like 200,000 first week? That's still a great number in this day and age.

Megan with all the push she's had from Roc management and the media to be the new "it" girl artist..... sells 65k.

If you think that's a good number you aren't being a serious person.
Nicki and Megan are not peers and are not of the same generation. Y’all comparing them is like comparing numbers for a male rap artist who debuted in 2019/2020 to people who became superstars prior to 2015 when stardom came with much broader audiences. Nicki is a star in the old school manner, today’s stars do not have the same reach, period. Even pop chicks like Camilla cabello (sp?) and Olivia Rodrigo ain’t no where near the stars people like Gaga or even Ariana grande were. The industry is completely different

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Nicki and Megan are not peers and are not of the same generation. Y’all comparing them is like comparing numbers for a male rap artist who debuted in 2019/2020 to people who became superstars prior to 2015 when stardom came with much broader audiences. Nicki is a star in the old school manner, today’s stars do not have the same reach, period. Even pop chicks like Camilla cabello (sp?) and Olivia Rodrigo ain’t no where near the stars people like Gaga or even Ariana grande were. The industry is completely different
Lol the general public set those standards tryna laugh at my girl whole time these so call new girls can’t even keep up .

Sza a super star and smashing everything .

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
The numbers these days confuse me cuz it’s hard to gauge an artist’s popularity when physical sales aren’t the barometer anymore. But I am surprised Meg has never had a #1 album. Yeah she’s “independent” but for all the mainstream and social media push she gets I would think she was popular enough to get the 1 spot.

I think this is the issue though.

As fans, and unless someone works at a record label, why would a listener be concerned with gauging an artist's popularity? If YOU like the music, then support it. If you don’t, then don’t. Sales and charting are for the people in the industry. That's the business side of the game. Charts and sales shouldn't be the focus for someone just listening to music. It's like Erick Sermon said recently, "Too many fans today think they're in the industry too and want to talk about first week numbers".

The focus should be more on the music. Not on sales and whether someone is being promoted through whichever channels. Customers are focused on the wrong sh*t, these days.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Better at what bytch ?

Don’t look better , can’t rap better doesn’t make better music and clearly can’t outsell .

fukk she bitter at this flop ass bytch for ?
Nicki is just a hateful bitter person, and no she isn’t some victim in every situation like her fanbase portray. I never said Meg was better either, idk why you defensive :mjlol:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Better at what bytch ?

Don’t look better , can’t rap better doesn’t make better music and clearly can’t outsell .

fukk she bitter at this flop ass bytch for ?
And she’s clearly bitter cause she lost the beef, no one except her brain dead Hitler cult like fan base thought her diss was hot. Everyone said she lost and was clowning her lmao. This why she bitter

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I think this is the issue though.

As fans, and unless someone works at a record label, why would a listener be concerned with gauging an artist's popularity? If YOU like the music, then support it. If you don’t, then don’t. Sales and charting are for the people in the industry. That's the business side of the game. Charts and sales shouldn't be the focus for someone just listening to music. It's like Erick Sermon said recently, "Too many fans today think they're in the industry too and want to talk about first week numbers".

The focus should be more on the music. Not on sales and whether someone is being promoted through whichever channels. Customers are focused on the wrong sh*t, these days.
idk i feel box office numbers and first week album sales have been a thing fans enjoyed talking about for decades. this isn't some revolutionary thing. even sports fans have always talked about ratings.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
idk i feel box office numbers and first week album sales have been a thing fans enjoyed talking about for decades. this isn't some revolutionary thing. even sports fans have always talked about ratings.

Nah.

Just like we said in the thread speaking on Illmatic. Back then, we didn't care how much it sold or any of the other classics. Our focus was just on making sure we had the album. You wanted to be up on everything! That's what being a fan is. Being crazy about the music. Not about how much it sold or whether it's being promoted by the label. We assumed everyone had the album. Years later, when everyone online started talking numbers, we were shocked to see it didn't sell back then. Because we never even cared about that.

No true sports fan is speaking about ratings, lol. You talk about the game and who sucks and who doesn't. ESPN will push useless stats about ratings, but that's their job. But no one watching a game is gonna be there speaking about how well the station is gonna do because the ratings are going to be whatever, lol. That's what they do. Viewers sholdnt be worried about that. But in today's world, there's so much information out there, people have shifted into worrying about things that don’t matter. It's just how it is now. It's mad weird.

Dudes are literally online trying to predict first week numbers for albums now, lol. It's like Erick said, that didn't start until 50 and Kanye did that sales battle.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
that spin song is pretty fire. victoria monet laced her tf up cause all that other stuff is mid.