Megan Thee Stallion's 'MEGAN' aiming for #3 debut on the Billboard 200 with nearly 65K units first week

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
People love rooting for Meg, she has a very magnetic persona. Beyond that, very regular. I won’t knock the low ticket prices to boost attendance, it’s dope to be able to see an artist and not have to put it on the credit card

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
People on here just don't want to be "wrong" about it... they thought Nicki was finished because of her husband and some other behind the scenes bullshyt going on but in reality the fans still came out and supported Nicki. What did she sell like 200,000 first week? That's still a great number in this day and age.

Megan with all the push she's had from Roc management and the media to be the new "it" girl artist..... sells 65k.

If you think that's a good number you aren't being a serious person.

REAL6

All Star
Daps
People need to stop saying streaming numbers since it's a scam.

She will probably sell only 4 to 12K if that.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Lol look at y’all excuses !!!

Three time Grammy winner .

Also there are lots of other established artist so they should be doing the same right .

Just clarifying the bar ?

Nicki is the most successful female rapper today ...if ever

She has an established fanbase that been rocking with her for at least 10 yrs. Who are willing to buy her music opposed to just streaming the album...that makes all the difference

She did 220k with her last album

By most measures she is a popstar...a superstar ...

Beyonce who is also an established superstar did 400k her last album... Drake's For All The Dogs did 500k I believe.... Taylor Swifts last album did 1 mill ....

That said, Meg is doing fine when you compare what she is putting up vs a Doja Cat or Lotto

Fellow female artist who made their official debut within the last 5, 10 yrs and were born post 1993

They debut post 106&Park, when there are far more distributors of media and music so consumers attention is far more fragmented and far more superstars are made... consequently music sales are down across the board for majority of artist

Just consider she debut @ number 3 on the main chart

Also Meg doesn't have a major label paying for playlisting, etc ...Roc only manages her

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Damn, Spotify filtered 30 million streams off the album. They used the wrong bot company
:jbhmm:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Excuses !!

Managed by Roc nation

It's not a good number but again...she's selling out an arena tour. I can't call this a L. Outside of Doja I don't see any of the other young women rappers capable of doing this. And I'll also take an L because I said many times that she couldn't do an arena tour. I think we were both in agreement on this, months ago, so I assume you will be taking an L alongside me?

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Did Spotify really filter out 30M 'bot-like' streams from Megan Thee Stallion's album? :pachaha: