Megalopolis: Forest Whitaker Details Francis Ford Coppola Film

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
By the time the credits rolled after a very on-the-nose, closing shot of a beautiful baby (emphasizing the future — we definitely got the point) the audience had enough. A couple of loud boos rang out, along with some very tepid applause and mostly silence:patrice:

Probably Diss to Shia Lebuf.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
One from the Heart is at 51% on RT and it's a masterpiece.

Some critics even shytted on Apocalypse Now when it dropped.

Coppola has always been ahead of the curve and i'll always take a glorious mess over some tepid milquetoast bullshyt that scores 91% on RT because it didn't offend anyone.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Looking forward to seeing this. Maybe it's a mess but why wouldn't I want to see a mess from one of the greatest directors of all time? I also tend to think that poorly received films from great directors are often better than advertised. Some of David Cronenberg's recent films, specifically Cosmopolis and Map To The Stars, were heavily slammed by critics yet both are very interesting films worth watching.

As this guy states, I also think that art criticism is at such a low level right now it's impossible to really take it seriously. We have a generation of critics who don't read, have no context for anything, chase social media engagement, and are possessed by whatever the group think of the time is. I'm not saying this movie is gonna be amazing, it might be bad lol. Just that it seems clear a lot of people can't digest it without relying on recent comparisons, not to mention the inability to react to art beyond the range of "it's terrible or it's amazing."

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’ve conditioned myself to tune out anything with Adam ‘mouth breathing’ Driver in it.

If i wanted to watch a brain dead caveman flail around on screen I’d just watch the flintstones, far more entertaining

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I’ve conditioned myself to tune out anything with Adam ‘mouth breathing’ Driver in it.

If i wanted to watch a brain dead caveman flail around on screen I’d just watch the flintstones, far more entertaining
I think @smitty22 could fill that role too.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Looks terrible. From what's in the teaser the writing seems bad and the dialogue is delivered without any soul. Visually might be interesting, or just distracting, and I'm assuming the plot is incoherent.

People keep saying "Coppola is a GOAT!", but has he made a great film since the 1970s? Using his GOAT status to hype up this movie is like expecting that Mike Tyson is about to put together a master performance against Jake Paul.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

He deserves all the success in the world for having to break into hollywood by pretending Lena Durham was anything but repulsive in Girls :scust:

Dude came up the HARD way :scust:

I just went and bought a ticket to that 6500 or 65 million whatever Dinosaur movie he was in. I aint watch it. Wanted to do my part to make sure he aint have to go back to that.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Finally got its US distributor.

After much speculation over its fate, Megalopolis is officially headed to North American movie theaters.

Lionsgate has picked up the Francis Ford Coppola feature, and is planning a September 27, 2024 release, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Megalopolis bowed at Cannes last month after a dramatic backstory surrounding its making. After decades in development, Coppola put part of his personal fortune into the $120 million project, which stars Adam Driver as a man obsessed with creating utopian city.