Reppin
JordanHareStadium
1297.png

A picture is worth a thousand words :francis:
:picard:

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Blacks lack financial literacy and lack a communal structure.

No one is really stopping us except for us.

:gucci: The article is literally saying the exact opposite.

No amount of "buying black" and financial literacy is going to close the wage gap.

Can yall stop all this "pull yourself up by your own bootstrap" talk and read the damn thing?

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This was almost exactly what I was saying in the other thread.

DACA isn't narrowing any kind of gap because the people affected by it aren't the root problem.

But that deflection game had folks taking the bait and believing it.

Last edited:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
If you can't pass land, businesses, or wealth down to your children at least cut off or don't smoke and drink and exercise regularly...This would prolly put you in a position to pass down something through a decent life insurance policy...

Teach them the importance of self awareness, survival, economics, group economics and life outside the us so they'll be prepped mentally for this white world we live in

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
After Slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights, War on Drugs, and the serfdom that is Higher Education?

Many strong brothers and sisters who were top earners of the home were lost along the way...just like the article stated, a person that is a product of a fractured environment will have an uphill battle for financial normalcy.

Most wealth is generational, White Boomers were able to get great rates and properties dirt cheap and their grandchildren are reaping benefits.

Millennials got next in this (80s Babies) and hopefully we can try to curb the damage this wealth disparity is causing.
- Teach our young about going into trades or starting an independent business rather than expensive colleges
- Use the money earned from work/various job to invest in your own business if you can't get a loan or immediate start-up capital.
-

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
As I said before take a look at instagram were doing good though :troll:

:wow:

I joined Instagram late in the game.

When I finally hopped on, I had the :ohhh: face at first. I saw broke ass nikkas and broke ass family members ballin' out.

I was like, "my people coming up!" :blessed:

Then, I was like, didn't such and so just tell me such and so was offering to buss it open for rent money last week? Yet, here she is stuntin' on the gram! :patrice:

Breh breh just told me he was sittin' on $80k worth of student loans about two months ago. Yet, here he is stuntin' on the gram! :hubie:

bright black

All Star
Daps
how much yall got?...i had over 125k (straight cash homie) a decade ago but i got on some dumb shyt now i only got 25k...there was a thread on here about a dude in bmore being worth half a mil making only 20k a year his whole life...this is something black people can fix...ithink black people get too caught up in the numbers and get stuck counting other people money and forget to save and invest they own bread.. or they dont care about having no wealth.. or they throw the hands up and not even try.. or they waiting on jesus or someone else to solve the problem...so i ask again: how much yall got?...or is everybody here sitting on nothing too?...and if you got nothing or very little what you gon do about it??...black folks should be scared to know that this is the future...you think 0 is bad but there is still the negative...then black folks will be back to working for free or worse...

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We'll never catch up because we'll never get reparations. End of story.

Yep and hard to catch up with folks that have hundreds of years head start.

shyt like running a race and someone says you can't start running until the other contestants are 3/4s done with the race.

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
We really need to consider a mass exodus from this country. Even if we don't go to the same place. The United States is never going to actually help us financially. Keep your citizenship, in case you do end up coming up, though. We need to start using this system as a tool with setbacks instead of viewing it as something that views us. We can't fight it, but we can try to reap the benefits, even if they are slim to null.

@Poitier.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
how much yall got?...i had over 125k (straight cash homie) a decade ago but i got on some dumb shyt now i only got 25k...there was a thread on here about a dude in bmore being worth half a mil making only 20k a year his whole life...this is something black people can fix...ithink black people get too caught up in the numbers and get stuck counting other people money and forget to save and invest they own bread.. or they dont care about having no wealth.. or they throw the hands up and not even try.. or they waiting on jesus or someone else to solve the problem...so i ask again: how much yall got?...or is everybody here sitting on nothing too?...and if you got nothing or very little what you gon do about it??...black folks should be scared to know that this is the future...you think 0 is bad but there is still the negative...then black folks will be back to working for free or worse...
No its not. That Black dude worked as a parking guy and used to get tips on stocks to buy and what's poppin from top stock brokers. Most if not all Black folks lack that skill or access to change our situation. The reason why you even heard about it because he was AN ANOMALY.