Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
The Realness is better than Liquid Swords now?

I give up.

giveup.gif

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Why is griselda prau for paris ahead of TICAL on a nyc rap list. These dudes live closer to canada than nyc. Lmao. Griselda is NOT from nyc.

This list is horrible

Sde ahead of critical beatdown and bdp? What? Camp lo?

A good list takes the world opinion and your own and blends them. Ive seen better amazon lists than this.

It's_Nade

All Star
Daps
Why is griselda prau for paris ahead of TICAL on a nyc rap list. These dudes live closer to canada than nyc. Lmao. Griselda is NOT from nyc.

This list is horrible

Sde ahead of critical beatdown and bdp? What? Camp lo?

A good list takes the world opinion and your own and blends them. Ive seen better amazon lists than this.
Think list is NY state in general not nyc

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Songs off those LOX albums still get played today can’t say the same for some of them old ass albums :francis:

There’s gonna be push back for 00’s albums but it has to be considered that hip hop became commercialized, albums became more formulaic, and artists were expected to hop on the hottest trends and production styles

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This is basically my sentiments. And given I'm not from NY, I don't have anywhere near the knowledge or connection to most of these artists or drops that are being discussed...

But as a fan of hip hop in general I find the ordering to be kinda random with no clear defined standard of how they make this list (I saw OP define this a few posts up though)...

The Lox is one of the most overrated groups of all time, as well as yhe individual members. They were pure, raw spitters who never excelled at putting together transcendent, thorough albums. This is a New York Top 100------->NY has 50 years of doing this, every single drop on here should be considered as being transcendent or special for the era they came out of...

Not from NY but I am 35 and old enough to remember when Lox was at peak popularity. Nothing about these nikkas is transcendent or special in any sense besides simply being lyricists, which just never consistently translated into great artistry. There's nothing transcendent about these nikkas and in real time these weren't drops nikkas heard and thought "man I'm listening to some of the hottest shyt I ever heard"...

I never got into any if these Griselda nikkas but why are any of them even eligible for this list?

I guarantee this list will reveal some albums upcoming that are worse than Vol 1, which was unappreciated at release bit is definitely a classic...
Surprised u don’t fukk with Griselda brodie u always show Buff love

Imo FlyGod and Tana Talk 3 are deserving entries

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
No Lox group/solo album should be anywhere near a Top 100 albums list...not even a Top 100 NY-only albums list. That's just wanting to throw Jada and/or Styles on the list because they're Jada and Styles, it aint because of the album quality. Kiss the Game Goodbye is barely a C, Gangster and a Gentleman is a C. I'd say "We Are The Streets" is their best, most impactful commercial release and that shh!t is like a C+ at best, imo.
this