Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

It's_Nade

All Star
Daps
A lot of these i would put top 30-40 with a few modern picks sprinkled in

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
You really need to add some context to your posts with some rationale behind the choices.

I get everything is subjective but that Jada album was weak and I can't understand how it should be seen as being more important than True Meaning, By All Means Necessary or Critical Beatdown.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Listing is shaping up well. Sure theres some classics that feel low (Criticial Beatdown, By Any Means Necessary) but that list is looking straight

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
I know Jada takes shyt for not having a classic but I also dont think you can have a top 100 NY albums without him

That’s why we included that album. It’s not particularly a classic album but we put it there for “We Gon Make It” and a couple of other statement songs on there.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
You really need to add some context to your posts with some rationale behind the choices.

I get everything is subjective but that Jada album was weak and I can't understand how it should be seen as being more important than True Meaning, By All Means Necessary or Critical Beatdown.

Nah It’s a list. The context is going to be in our individual posts on specific albums. A lot of the albums yall claim should be higher are albums that a lot of people in general are not going back to listen to as much. The list was very hard to make. By Any Means Necessary should have been a bit higher I agree

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
A lot of the albums ya'll are talking about are too low aren't even discussed on here like that. Are ya'll still bumping Critical Beatdown like that?

They’re not they’re just talking. Nevertheless it’s on the list because it *had* to get mentioned