Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Prodigy-Alchemist-Release-Return-Of-The-Mac-1200x675.jpg

ROTM mentioned?

i think its a 5 mic classic and criminally underrated. on par with HNIC.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Still not a player
Good times

Quiet Storm
Juicy/One More Chance
Cherez La Ghost
Wanksta

Ruff Ryders Anthem
Oh Boy
Incarcerated Scarfaces/Ice Cream

Are all going up over ANY song on RD.

What song off RD you spinning in the spot that got any of those :stopitslime:

Fronting on my list :camby:

the bolded is so laughable that i wont even entertain it :mjlol:

dead presidents, d'evils, can i live & bks finest match up or are better songs than the rest. quiet storm and incarcerated scarfaces are the best songs on the board though.

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps

dead presidents, d'evils, can i live & bks finest match up or are better songs than the rest. quiet storm and incarcerated scarfaces are the best songs on the board though.
Feelin It? Lol just adding

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
I’m not mad at the list at all, I just feel that OC’s “Word…Life” should have been way higher but that’s fine fr

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
To many flaws to point out in this list. Its all over the place.

My top 5 all time list is

1. Illmatic
2. 36 chambers
3. Low end theory
4. OB4CL
5. Infamous

I fully expect the top 5 to mirror this or damn near close to it. Perhaps paid in full grabs a top 5.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

You'd play any of those songs at a party? Yea nah we were in different scenes bro. I never heard none of those ring off ever. But you prolly older then me anyways :hubie:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You'd play any of those songs at a party? Yea nah we were in different scenes bro. I never heard none of those ring off ever. But you prolly older then me anyways :hubie:

NONE of these songs (besides juicy/one more chance and MAYBE quiet storm, good times, still not a player & ruff ryders anthem) are ringing off at a party in 2024 unless its a 90s/throwback type of scene. that isnt the barometer to what makes a song better or more classic than the other, because jay has songs that ring in the club til this day and i wouldnt put those songs in a convo like this. nobody is playing shyt off of illmatic in the spot, but illmatic shyts on 97% of the albums we are in here talking about currently.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
NONE of these songs (besides juicy/one more chance and MAYBE quiet storm, good times, still not a player & ruff ryders anthem) are ringing off at a party in 2024 unless its a 90s/throwback type of scene. that isnt the barometer to what makes a song better or more classic than the other, because jay has songs that ring in the club til this day and i wouldnt put those songs in a convo like this. nobody is playing shyt off of illmatic in the spot, but illmatic shyts on 97% of the albums we are in here talking about currently.

Nah it doesn't. Yes thats a part of the barometer when we defining "classic." If I wasn't partying 2 it it can't be a classic.

I'm sure you feel the same about the shyt from your generation.

We not even talking throwbacks cause I'm in my 30s and started clubbing/bar hopping in high school until my late 20s.

Truth be told my generation was strictly partying off NYC throwbacks and ATL music. Nothing from RD was ever a part of that. Jay for sure; RD absolutely not.

Some of my favorite hip-hop albums of all time a lot of people wouldn't know 1 song from. I love hell on earth but no-one from my age knows any songs from it. We all had murda muzik. Thug life is mine and Quiet storm were the ones. Everyone in the booth is gonna say Hell on earth is better; cool. but that wasn't my life.

Never heard the album until I was an adult and a serious hiphop head.

Illmatic isn't in my top10 but I recognize and appreciate it. its incredible. but it has 0 history to my story.

You clowned my list but at least I keep it real and make a list that defined who I am and don't try to cater to other people. My list is MY list. and I know people who are my age get it.

Like cats in here were shytting on the ghost. someone even said they played that album to death but it aint a classic. A lot of people are co-signing and downplaying D-Block, where they were literally everything for us.

Thats the problems with lists. People never wanna keep it real and wanna say what they're supposed 2. Thats why its usually lame.

People got on me for not including other regions. Nah fukk your region im not from there. We weren't ryding out as a crew 2 that. DJs over here weren't doing that. I learned all of it from my love of hiphop on my own. I love everything but you get what im saying?

People scared to be themselves and say what they really like.

Last edited: