Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Noyd killed the album though. The flow, the energy, the bars.
Facts you don’t just get an album worth of havocs hoe beats if you’re a bum lol . we don’t see infamous mob with a full album produced by havoc in that time (not saying their bums but noyds obviously way superior)

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
And Kane in the top 10 over KRS is just straight insane..lol

KRS had the better albums..longevity and successfully navigated to the 90s. Kane made some of the most god awful ladies man songs.. couldn't adjust to a newer era

Annnnnnnd got obliterated in a actual versus against KRS

Like justify that Kane ranking

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rakim catalogue is mid.

I dont care who mad about it.

Ra has great impact on the game, but he never surpassed LL status. He second best in the 80s

LL impact is greater.
LL is a one of greats no doubt But Ehh…Paid in Full, Follow The Leader, and Let The Rhythm Hit Em >>> Any LL album up until we get to Mr. Smith…Then you can say L had a better 90’s run.

L got Ra on more the attributes associated with this this list…

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
LL is a one of greats no doubt But Ehh…Paid in Full, Follow The Leader, and Let The Rhythm Hit Em >>> Any LL album up until we get to Mr. Smith…Then you can say L had a better 90’s run.

L got Ra on more the attributes associated with this this list…

Eh.. we talkin whole careers tho. I only listen to Paid in full, which is really 6 songs and some of Follow the Leader.

Facts are every 80s tour.. Rakim was on the undercard from what Ive seen. They only were a year apart in debut

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
We literally have a Los Angeles top 100 list ready (albums and artist both) but can’t find a formidable west coast dude to collab with on a SoCal version of Meccapolis. If we drop the list we want it to be in promotion of a page.
Have yall thought of doing Atlanta? It's the only other heavyweight city in hip hop, it's NY, LA, ATL, that's hip hop Big 3 cities...

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Even if I don’t agree, I never get upset seeing Jay number 1. His catalog, longevity, impact on the game speaks for itself.

But no fukkin way should rakim be number 2. No disrespect to him, but you cannot have a 6yr run and he number 2.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
U said Episodes of a Hustla is better than A Gangster & a Gentleman.

How? A bunch of Mobb Deep throwaways that no one has heard are better than albums with several legit classic songs that received heavy play in the culture and lore of NYC hip hop.

I have no idea how y’all judge albums.
:what::scusthov: :aicmon: :snoop:

Last edited:

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ra is an absolute legend in every way and deserves top 3 but It’s 2024 there is absolutely no world where nas isnt 1 especially after his recent run with hit. Thats longevity and high level rapping we have never seen in hip hop history this late into someone’s career. The lowest he’d ever go is 2 but that’s only if you heavily weigh mainstream success over other things.