Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
I'll only say two things.

1. This proves people with knowledge of the history and the culture in hip hop can make truly A55 lists just like a rolling stones and complex. It's not as bad as theors but unfortunately it's not that far away.

2. Jay's discography has aged HORRIBLY. That alone should bar him from top 3 convos. And there isn't a credible list where he's above Nas and Big in ranking...it's not possible. He's just never been better than them. Btw also, while i'm here...OB4CL is my GOAT album but there's not a timeline where Raekwon should be ranked higher than Ghost and is ranked in the top 10.

NO list would satisfy yall

YOU might be satisified by a particular list but another “hip hop head” would call it trash

The list was decent and the effort put in it is commendable

Jay’s albums didn’t age well TO YOU

People act like Nas had classic album after classic album or something. From God’s Son to ****** was hit or miss albums

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
The Usual Suspects remix is doper…

But y’all gotta stop gassing those Mobb Deep throwaways and Noyd isn’t that nice he’s type redundant.

These songs are better than anything on that Noyd album so how is it better :heh:

I never said anything about their albums not having good songs just saying for how talented they are they never dropped a 3.5 mic album. All there albums are 3/5 at max and lower. Even if u think noyd is whatever mobb deep son every track and hell on earth prime havoc beats. Like I said it could just as easily been a mobb deep ep and then all this shyt would be different ppl in this thread would have a different view. 😂

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Just started reading the list and made it to 73-65. Half A Mill? really? He wasn’t wack or anything but he had more prestigious career being in the streets than a full time rapper.:mjlol:

Masta Ace should be in the top 50 at the very least. Nore is ranked too low for the career he’s had and classics he created. I think Jeru and Buckshot are even ranked too low.

Havoc at 57 I’m not mad it because I think he’s one of the most underrated rappers there is due to him being more recognized as a producer. I never heard a wack Havoc verse:hubie:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
We literally have a Los Angeles top 100 list ready (albums and artist both) but can’t find a formidable west coast dude to collab with on a SoCal version of Meccapolis. If we drop the list we want it to be in promotion of a page.
salute 2 u for this list though bro. you’re doing great things in the page u currently have

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I never said anything about their albums not having good songs just saying for how talented they are they never dropped a 3.5 mic album. All there albums are 3/5 at max and lower. Even if u think noyd is whatever mobb deep son every track and hell on earth prime havoc beats. Like I said it could just as easily been a mobb deep ep and then all this shyt would be different ppl in this thread would have a different view. 😂
U said Episodes of a Hustla is better than A Gangster & a Gentleman.

How? A bunch of Mobb Deep throwaways that no one has heard are better than albums with several legit classic songs that received heavy play in the culture and lore of NYC hip hop.

I have no idea how y’all judge albums.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Noyd killed the album though. The flow, the energy, the bars.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
U said Episodes of a Hustla is better than A Gangster & a Gentleman.

How? A bunch of Mobb Deep throwaways that no one has heard are better than albums with several legit classic songs that received heavy play in the culture and lore of NYC hip hop.

I have no idea how y’all judge albums.
They aren’t throwaways.