Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
my guy general Steele made the cut :wow:

here's an underrated sniff n Wesson cut nobody prolly knows....found this shyt on YT a few years ago and always gotta run it back twice. Steele killed his verses

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Oldheads hating on A Boogie and Pop Smoke on the list

Young nikkas hating on nikkas like AG and Cappadonna on the list

This is a representation of why NYC fell. The age divide

One of Meccapolis’ main purpose is to restore that by bringing light to the new NYC culture to older people and the older NYC culture to the younger people. In a curated way both parties can appreciate it better. Which is we hired the art director we did to help illustrate it. New York never really died. Pop Smoke showed that

One regret with the list (even though it’s already finished) is we have to do more research on the younger artists

Drill shyt and the soho shyt

We’ll get there

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

One of Meccapolis’ main purpose is to restore that by bringing light to the new NYC culture to older people and the older NYC culture to the younger people. In a curated way both parties can appreciate it better. Which is we hired the art director we did to help illustrate it. New York never really died. Pop Smoke showed that

One regret with the list (even though it’s already finished) is we have to do more research on the younger artists

We’ll get there

Nobody hating Pop on the list. He just aint above Nore.

Nore on classic War Report shyt..

Nore solo album N.O.R.E got arguably the best posse cut of all time Banned From TV. Also has Body in the Trunk.

First solo nygga to make hits with Pharell.

And you got Max B over him for gods sake..lol

We gon let you cook, but we aint gotta eat this nasty shyt

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Since u put Envy Caine on there I know Don Q not making the list

And imo Don>Envy

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Nobody hating Pop on the list. He just aint above Nore.

Nore on classic War Report shyt..

Nore solo album N.O.R.E got arguably the best posse cut of all time Banned From TV. Also has Body in the Trunk.

First solo nygga to make hits with Pharell.

And you got Max B over him for gods sake..lol

We gon let you cook, but we aint gotta eat this nasty shyt

Dude said he’s not hating on Pop on the list then proceeds to hate on Pop on the list

Made made the first hit with Pharrell idk why yall steady giving Nore the credit nor do I understand what that has to do with a ranking

Nore’s high point is his charisma. Has more of it than many rappers that rap better than him. And he has a classic album thanks to Tragedy. But that’s pretty much it. He wasn’t a brilliant rapper

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Dude said he’s not hating on Pop on the list then proceeds to hate on Pop on the list

Made made the first hit with Pharrell idk why yall steady giving Nore the credit nor do I understand what that has to do with a ranking

Nore’s high point is his charisma. Has more of it than many rappers that rap better than him. And he has a classic album thanks to Tragedy. But that’s pretty much it. He wasn’t a brilliant rapper

And what does Pop and Max B have? Whats their classic? Ill wait

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Imma keep it a brick I respect the presentation and will stay tuned into this countdown but I’m not in agreement with the order at all.

A Boogie with the Hoodie has no place on this list (and I am a fan of dude been a fan for YEARS). There are way too many dope rappers who supersede him as far as this list is concerned

NORE @ 89?

Max B @ 87?

Vado @ 98?

Can’t rock wit those slots. Salute to Meccapolis for the contribution though just my opinion.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
AG is too fukking low.

This here.

AG at 97 is just comedy.

A Boogie, Ali Vegas, Pop Smoke, Nore, Max B, and Capone are better MC's than Steele, Royal Flush and AG now?

200w.gif

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

We’ll get there

Doesn't have anything to do with age.

Most Hip Hop heads who know their sh*t, and have heard plenty of MC's, just objectively know who's better than who. Throwing in newer less talented rappers to get the attention of younger followers is pandering. That's not gonna restore the feeling of anything. It's gonna get credibility lost. It seems that more "research" would need to be done on established greats and NY legends who are certified as some of the illest, and less time should be focused on throwing in names to please whatever demographics. It's clear that the knowledge is limited.

F64.gif