Daps
No name more Jamaican dan Elroy :usure:

:banderas:

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
Yup, I mean the accents were wayyy off. I mean when the guy said "San Fernando" you should of known it wasn't JA :mjpls:

:whoa:
My bad, I found it on Jamaican Matey & Groupie (Pink Wall) and just assumed it was Jamaica cuz it's a Jamaican news site.

Every now and again they post stuff from other Caribbean islands but it was not specifically mentioned where this was filmed at the time I found it, so I was not aware that it wasn't in Jamaica.

I was more interested in the 1 foot man anyways.

Wasn't tryin to get anyone upset so you can calm down and relax yourself @pon :dahell:

Here is something that is definitely from Jamaica though...

No name more Jamaican dan Elroy :usure:

:banderas:

I have a good friend who's white and his name is Elroy

:dead:

(To be fair it's his last name but everyone's been callin him Elroy since forever. Never heard anyone call him by his first name...)

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:
My bad, I found it on Jamaican Matey & Groupie (Pink Wall) and just assumed it was Jamaica cuz it's a Jamaican news site.

Every now and again they post stuff from other Caribbean islands but it was not specifically mentioned where this was filmed at the time I found it, so I was not aware that it wasn't in Jamaica.

I was more interested in the 1 foot man anyways.

Wasn't tryin to get anyone upset so you can calm down and relax yourself @pon :dahell:

Here is something that is definitely from Jamaica though...

:dead:

(To be fair it's his last name but everyone's been callin him Elroy since forever. Never heard anyone call him by his first name...)

that video was some low class embarrassing shyt.. im just curious..what fascinates you about the ghetto side of jamaican culture. Head top dancing, downtown kingston videos, etc this is like endorsing ghetto mentality in north america..

Last edited:

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
@posterchild336 @Dip

Oh ok so the Japanese Prime Minister visiting Jamaica and wanting more Jamaicans in their exchange programs is ghetto?

I also completely disagree that dancin pon headtop is ghetto. That's a bag of bullshyt. You have Jamaican DHQ's teaching dance classes at Dance JA, making YouTube vids where they teach dancehall dance moves, touring internationally to teach dancehall style dance classes, and making a living dancing at parties and in music videos.

They are queens! There's nothing ghetto about them to me. I admire and respect them and look up to them. They're roll models for me.

You guys are trying to get a little bit too serious in a thread that is lighthearted and not intended to show Jamaica in a bad light.

This thread is to show how pretty much everything happening in Jamaica is far more interesting than anything happening in Canada or the US.

This isn't about showin only clips from the ghetto or trying to say that Jamaica is ghetto. That is not my intention at all and if you're taking it that way then you're taking it the wrong way.

And if you really feel upset about things that are posted in this thread then you are more than welcome to post other videos or articles that show the side of Jamaica that you want to be seen.

No need to try and turn this thread into something it's not.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@posterchild336 @Dip

Oh ok so the Japanese Prime Minister visiting Jamaica and wanting more Jamaicans in their exchange programs is ghetto?

I also completely disagree that dancin pon headtop is ghetto. That's a bag of bullshyt. You have Jamaican DHQ's teaching dance classes at Dance JA, making YouTube vids where they teach dancehall dance moves, touring internationally to teach dancehall style dance classes, and making a living dancing at parties and in music videos. I respect your opinion and appreciate you love for the country but just wanted you to understand that its not a representation of what the island is all about. Where in jamaica do you visit?

They are queens! There's nothing ghetto about them to me. I admire and respect them and look up to them. They're roll models for me.

You guys are trying to get a little bit too serious in a thread that is lighthearted and not intended to show Jamaica in a bad light.

This thread is to show how pretty much everything happening in Jamaica is far more interesting than anything happening in Canada or the US.

This isn't about showin only clips from the ghetto or trying to say that Jamaica is ghetto. That is not my intention at all and if you're taking it that way then you're taking it the wrong way.

And if you really feel upset about things that are posted in this thread then you are more than welcome to post other videos or articles that show the side of Jamaica that you want to be seen.

I was just curious..and trust me dancing on headtop is some ghetto shyt, you are speaking to a real jamaican on the coli. the stuff that you post are frowned upon by many people. Yeah thats good that you love the dancehall culture, thats great but I am just schooling you on some stuff, I know you dont mean to be negative, I was just curious. I respect your love for the island but maybe you should go around more to get more cultured..where in jamaica do you to?

zaddy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
vaincity teribblonto
you're in ontario right? Op I saw you at a coffee shop today... or another white woman with an atrocious copper bob with short bangs. your body is really sloppy, you and and the white girl you were with for that matter... ijs...

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I was just curious..and trust me dancing on headtop is some ghetto shyt, you are speaking to a real jamaican on the coli. the stuff that you post are frowned upon by many people. Yeah thats good that you love the dancehall culture, thats great but I am just schooling you on some stuff, I know you dont mean to be negative, I was just curious. I respect your love for the island but maybe you should go around more to get more cultured..where in jamaica do you to?

fukk that culture vulture

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
@posterchild336 @Dip

I also completely disagree that dancin pon headtop is ghetto. That's a bag of bullshyt. You have Jamaican DHQ's teaching dance classes at Dance JA, making YouTube vids where they teach dancehall dance moves, touring internationally to teach dancehall style dance classes, and making a living dancing at parties and in music videos.

yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Breh Ive met Jamaicans named Rochester, Winchester, and McIntyre :dead:
Last name first name ass nikkas. Barrington Levy ass nikkas. She la la la la la boom boom she lay ass nikkas. Gyal ya big up big up in ya catwoman suit ass nikkas. I will never forget the "Make A Jamaican Name" thread on :hamster: when someone said "Cressida Man" :laff: :whoatrice: :biggapls: :lolbron:. O god Im about to fall out. Jamaicans are not from Google Earfh my brehs. Man dem a different breeeeeeeed rasssssssss

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that video was some low class embarrassing shyt.. im just curious..what fascinates you about the ghetto side of jamaican culture. Head top dancing, downtown kingston videos, etc this is like endorsing ghetto mentality in north america..

Why exactly is dancing, considered embarrassing. Because its ghetto folks doing it?

This is the problem i have with so-called Black upper class across the globe. Everything that doesnt confirm to some rigid standard is considered low class or buffoonery.

To me the Black upper class has created little to no culture, other than just mimicking White upper class ways. Because they are so damn scared to be seen as one off "them".

As a person who kinda comes from that bougie world, that shiit is so frustrating.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why exactly is dancing, considered embarrassing. Because its ghetto folks doing it?

This is the problem i have with so-called Black upper class across the globe. Everything that doesnt confirm to some rigid standard is considered low class or buffoonery.

To me the Black upper class has created little to no culture, other than just mimicking White upper class ways. Because they are so damn scared to be seen as one "them".

As a person who kinda comes from that bougie world, that shiit is so frustrating.
because dancing on your headtop in the street at uptown mondays, weddy Wednesdays or any of these weekly parties where normal people sleep and work are coming out of ghetto areas where people cant afford to feed babies but have money to buy drinks and new outfits thats why. Thats why this is frowned up on, thats why in jamaica they had to enforce time limits for parties because the "new dancehall" culture has created such a problem in which regular working class citizens cant drive to work because they are partying in the streets, jumping on cars, with slackness for the youth to see while going to school, and promoting sex, and voilence thats why. I has nothing to do with "bougie" ways like you said.

Some people are concerned about what is going on in society, and what this culture is doing to the island is making it worse, I feel sorry for a generation or 2 from now because the fukry that is going on today and kids are thinking it is the norm.

It is all good and dandy when a person can accept its entertainment, but its not entertainment to the ghetto youth, its what they are growing up on and thinking its the norm. Its like a person who listens to rap about shooting but just listens to it and knows its a song, then the young kid that actually listens and gets influenced by it and think its life and does the same dumb foolishness that they see and hear

Last edited: