Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Yeah, they mentioned that in the thread...Kartel had to buy Dave from Clansman a van or something way back in the day.

But yo, Clansman are sayin they don't want Tesha Miller back...

CLANS MAN WAR…DEM NUH WAA BACK TESHA MILLER | Jamaican Matey & Groupie Pinkwall Talk Di Tings Dem

They also killed one of his brothers in Spanish Town a few months ago.

Tesha Miller is supposed to get out of jail and return to Jamaica in January 2016...shyt's gonna get crazy...a lot of people are sayin Tesha's gonna be killed and/or that there will be a blood bath in Spanish Town :lupe:

AYO @Worl Boss give us your 2 cents on this
Sticky.:dame:

Interesting reading that "Jones Avenue" is Blackman ting and Kartel voiced that riddim even though his loyalty is supposed to lie with Tesha.

"Everybody done know weh me don name, so me big up every yout weh me know from spain" is he bigging up Tesha or Blackman:jbhmm:

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
I love how they big up Junko (Japan's Dancehall Queen) in Jamaica Observer

Japanese PM brings gift of energy

BY DESMOND ALLEN Executive Editor - special assignment allend@jamaicaobserver.com
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Shinzo-Abe_w304.jpg

JAPANESE Prime Minister Shinzo Abe arrives in Jamaica for a one-day official visit today, bringing good news on technical cooperation to promote greater energy efficiency and development of Jamaica's capacity to respond to natural disasters.

Describing Jamaica as a "beautiful land of wood and water", Prime Minister Abe has also signalled his admiration for Jamaica's prowess in athletics, in an interview requested by the Jamaica Observer and facilitated by the Japanese Foreign Ministry ahead of his arrival here.

"We were very impressed and excited with the performances of Jamaican athletes who participated in the 15th IAAF World Championships in China this year, having had pre-Championship training in Japan," Abe said of Jamaica's 12-medal haul highlighted by Usain Bolt's three-gold strike and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce's two-gold take.

The Japanese leader is coming to Jamaica at the invitation of Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller, who visited the Asian country in November 2013. Simpson Miller renewed the invitation when the two leaders met again in July 2014 in

Trinidad and Tobago at

the first Japan-Caribbean Community (Caricom) summit.

"I had always hoped to visit Jamaica, so it was with great pleasure that I accepted the invitation from Prime Minister Simpson Miler," said Abe. "I could say that if they are asked about Jamaica, any Japanese would answer that it is a country of athletics, Blue Mountain Coffee, Reggae and beaches. There are some persons who would add rum and 'Cool Runnings'," he said lightheartedly. "Although Jamaica is far from Japan geographically, Japanese people feel very close to Jamaica through various areas such as music and sports."

Japan has become a must-stop for major reggae acts on tour of the Asian country which stages the biggest reggae festival outside of Jamaica. Japanese have also shocked Jamaicans by snatching the Sound System as well as the Dance Hall Queen crowns in international competitions.

Prime Minister Abe's visit comes in the 51st year of bilateral relations between Kingston and Tokyo, which Abe hailed as "amicable". He recalled that on the 50th anniversary last year several events were held in both countries, "bringing not only extreme enthusiasm but

also greater mutual understanding among the people of our two countries", and disclosed that his one-day visit to Jamaica was intended to further deepen the strong bonds of friendship and cooperative relationship.

"I also wish to expand the dialogue and cooperation with Jamaica as partners in the international fora which share fundamental values such as democracy, respect for basic human rights and the rule of law. When the first-ever Japan-Caricom Summit was held in July last year, I had fruitful meetings with Caricom leaders, including Prime Minister Simpson Miller. That first year of Japan-Caricom friendship has been very memorable for me," he told the Observer.

"On that occasion, I announced Japan's Caricom policy which consists of three pillars: 1) Cooperation towards sustainable development, including overcoming the vulnerabilities particular to small island states; 2) Deepening and expanding bonds founded on exchanges and friendship, and 3) Cooperation in addressing challenges of the international community. We will continue to build on these three pillars without undermining one pillar for another," the Japanese leader said.

He noted that Japan, as an island country, and the small island states of Caricom shared common challenges such as hurricanes and rising sea levels caused by climate change. For this reason, Japan regarded environment and disaster risk management as a priority area for its assistance to Caricom aimed at overcoming the vulnerabilities particular to small island states, including the use of technology and expertise developed by Japan based on its own experiences as an island.

"Jamaica has had a major challenge in securing affordable energy. Last July, I received a request from Prime Minister Simpson Miller for cooperation in this area. Just like Jamaica, Japan imports much of its energy resources and is vulnerable to fluctuations in energy prices on the international market. Having experienced the oil shock twice, Japan has developed technologies to help us achieve energy efficiency and promote renewable energy. I believe that Jamaica can benefit significantly by taking advantage of these technologies and expertise.

"In addition, Japan will assist Jamaica in its development of capacity-building in the area of natural disaster response through the provision of Japanese experts, training and equipment.

"At the Japan-Caricom Summit, I expressed the importance of providing support from perspectives other than those based on per-capita income, taking into account the 'vulnerabilities particular to small island states' that Caricom member states face. The new cooperation with Jamaica will bring this policy into shape. Japan will continue to provide cooperation for Jamaica and other Caricom states, based on their needs," Prime Minister Abe pledged.

& this

Japan wants more Jamaicans

BY KIMONE THOMPSON Associate editor -- features thompsonk@jamaicaobserver.com
Thursday, October 01, 2015
Hiromoto-Oyama_w304.jpg

THE Japanese Government says it has been so impressed with the Jamaicans who participate in its annual teaching exchange programme that it has nearly doubled the number of places open to the Caribbean islanders.

"The ministry of education and the local government officials in Japan requested that we send more Jamaicans," Counsellor and deputy chief of mission at the embassy of Japan in Jamaican Hiromoto Oyama told the Jamaica Observer Tuesday.

The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme recruits university graduates from English-speaking countries to work as Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) and Sports Education Advisors in Japanese kindergartens, elementary, junior high and high schools, or as Coordinators for International Relations (CIRs) in local governments and boards of education. However, only ATL positions are open to Jamaica, which began participating in JET in 2000. The programme started in 1978 as the British English Teachers Scheme, but was renamed in 1987 as more and more countries were included.

To date, 292 Jamaicans have participated.

"Two years ago we sent 20. Last year it was 25. This year, they asked us to send 40, so that's almost double," Oyama said, adding that he was "very happy with the development".

At the send-off for the latest cohort in July this year, JET programme coordinator Matthew Palmer suggested that the increase was due in part to more aggressive promotional efforts by the embassy. But according to Oyama, it is a lot more than that.

"I think it's the attitude of the past Jamaican JETs...The schools like them and the children like them," he said Tuesday, alluding to the assistant teachers' good work ethic, strong character, enthusiasm, and adaptability.

It augurs well for the continued cooperation between the two countries, the deputy chief of mission said, as cultural exchange and the mutual understanding that its fosters "makes it easier for us to work together".

The majority of JET participants come from the US, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Ireland. As of July 1, there were 4,786 JETs from around the world in Japan. Of that number, 107 were Jamaicans.

"Please don't be disappointed by the total number," Oyama cautioned. "The US and Canada have more people, but I would say that in terms of JETs per capita, Jamaica is among the highest."

The initial JET contract is for one year, but it is renewable up to four years. Applications for next year are now open and will close Friday, November 6, 2015 at 2 pm.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Dip