MEAN speeding ticket in VA

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
89 in a 55 is bad but not that bad (assuming it was a freeway)

Southfield freeway in Detroit is 55, but you can go 80 without the cops bothering you

My first ticket was a 95 in a 65. I had to pay for it and pay for traffic class..you'll be fine, they just want that bread

Human Torch

Byrd Gang šŸ¦…
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Im in the same position bruh...but my ticket is in PA. Had me going 74 in a 45.

I was shook cuz I didnt want my insurance to skyrocket nor did I want to lose my license so I got a lawyer. My court date in May 20th. I have a relatively good record but I do have one other small speeding ticket on there. Praying my lawyer gets me out of this one.:sadcam:

The ticket was $200. The lawyer was $450 and im sure the court fees will be something crazy too smh. I fukking hate cops.

Good Luck OP

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Get a lawyer and get the ticket reduced pay the lawyer and ticket it won't show up as a speeding ticket.

....but will all these costs add up to more than the actual ticket?

I was inthe same situation, but luckily instead of speeding the cop gave me a ticket for dis-obeying traffic instruments or some shiyt like that..tickets was like only 90, but then the fuking processing fee for lt was like $95 :wtf:, I've never heard of a processing fee for a goddamn traffic ticket untile then...shyt was $185 in total. Luckily I didn't have to go to court though, I just mailed the payment in and learned my lesson...next time if I get pulled over for speeding, I shall start :bustback:

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
....but will all these costs add up to more than the actual ticket?

I was inthe same situation, but luckily instead of speeding the cop gave me a ticket for dis-obeying traffic instruments or some shiyt like that..tickets was like only 90, but then the fuking processing fee for lt was like $95 :wtf:, I've never heard of a processing fee for a goddamn traffic ticket untile then...shyt was $185 in total. Luckily I didn't have to go to court though, I just mailed the payment in and learned my lesson...next time if I get pulled over for speeding, I shall start :bustback:

Over time it'll save money because if he gets points his insurance will go up. :yeshrug: If he get a lawyer and pay the lawyer he'll never have to even appear in court, nor will it show as a speeding violation on his record. But don't take my word or anyone elses just talk to a lawyer and they'll explain it for you because every state is different.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
Get a lawyer since reckless driving is a misdemeanor. You could get a a$$hole judge who takes your license even though its first offense. I had a reckless driving ticket in Richmond VA. The lawyer got it reduced all the way down to a improper driving ticket. That is like the same as a no right turn on red. I still had to pay the ticket as if it was a reckless driving charge, but at least I didn't get points on my license and didnt get a misdemeanor. I paid like $400 for lawyer. I had to write a essay about myself and the judge read it. Talking about how I'm in college for engineering. How I want to join Air Force when I am out and eventually become a Patent lawyer and how bad this misdemeanor will hurt me HAAHAHAHAHAHA. That shyt worked.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Well, you've sat on a traffic cone-sized butt plug.

Reckless driving for going over 80 MPH. Then, you were going 34 over the speed limit.

If you were doing 89 in a 70 MPH zone, it would be easier to bring down. You can plead to the judge no contest, nolo contendre, and request to go to traffic school to bring the charge down to something like speeding 10 over speed limit.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
plead no contest, if asked why you were going so fast tell them u had alot on ur mind and didnt realize u were going as fast as you were

you'll probably be offered to attend drving school and have the ticket reduced from reckless to speeding..........

If you get to the point where your liscense gets suspended behind this it will be a real nuisance getting it reinstated again

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
A couple of additional things.
1. Dress nicely.
2. Speak respectfully to the judge.
3. Use your best CAC voice. Don't talk ghetto.
4. Call the judge, your honor.
5. You don't need to pay a lawyer just to plead "no contest". That's free legal advice homey.
6. Usually, they don't ask why you were speeding if you plead no contest. If so, just say you weren't paying attention to your speedometer. Don't jack it up with something dumb like, I was street racing with a dude next to me.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Trust me

1. Guilty with explanation. Gives you an opportunity to say that you're sorry and have a decent story and request class

2. Bring driving record from other state. I can't stress this enough

3. ASK for safe driving class. Up to you, not the judge to suggest this

4. Judge may take it down from reckless if you handle yourself properly, so be VERY respectful. Professional look. No Shyne fitteds.

5. Take class within proper timeframe

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Help me brehs....89 in a 55. :damn:
The cop walked up on me literally did the :ufdup:
Here are the details

- Happened in Fairfax County, VA
- I have a Maryland license and Im a Maryland resident
- I have a clean driving record
- It says wreckless driving on the ticket but I have to report to TRAFFIC court, not criminal court.

Im hoping a combination of probation, community service, a fine, etc will keep points off my license. Any suggestions?

breh, you getting points on your license, NO WAY of avoiding that, driving 89 in a 55 :russ:

I ran a stop sign, admitted guilt, reduced fine from $189 to $75. I took a class and got the 2 points removed from my license, now I'm back to 0 points

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Breh everybody knowa not to speed in VA. bet they caught you by hiding behind some bushes.lol

I was caught doing 81 in 55 on 695. had to pay $270. they also tried to suspend my license but told them I needed it for work and to see my son. This was about 10 yrs ago though.

Pretty much. When me and my nikkas did a road trip to FLA the two states we were EXTRA cautious about were VA and GA

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OT i was driving in VA and noticed that everyone treats every single STOP sign as a stop allway?!? PPL are waiting at stop signs for a good couple of minutes?!? :wtf::wtf:

I didnt get the memo at first did the 3 sec rule & rolled thru a STOP sign and caught the NASTY looks from everyone..:comeon: I hate driving thru VA:stopitslime: