Pro
Daps
Help me brehs....89 in a 55. :damn:
The cop walked up on me literally did the :ufdup:
Here are the details

- Happened in Fairfax County, VA
- I have a Maryland license and Im a Maryland resident
- I have a clean driving record
- It says wreckless driving on the ticket but I have to report to TRAFFIC court, not criminal court.

Im hoping a combination of probation, community service, a fine, etc will keep points off my license. Any suggestions?

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
It's not criminal, so that's a good thing. Usually for something that high, they'd look to have criminal charges on that.

You can try to get a lawyer to argue it down, but that'll end up costing you coin, and you'll still get at least some sort of points on your license. Fine is going to be wicked high though.

What road did this happen?

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I recently got one in MD breh, it was a speed cam ON THE HIGHWAY:ninja1: sneaky fcuks.. I'm thinking it's going to be $300+, it was only $40 :heh:, paid it online..:smugbiden: They actually post the pics of you speeding online. :fire:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Breh everybody knowa not to speed in VA. bet they caught you by hiding behind some bushes.lol

I was caught doing 81 in 55 on 695. had to pay $270. they also tried to suspend my license but told them I needed it for work and to see my son. This was about 10 yrs ago though.

First2Riot

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In Va you can't pay a reckless driving ticket. You have to go to court and pray the judge is not a A$$hole. You'll have pts taken off your license and a hefty fine.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I recently got one in MD breh, it was a speed cam ON THE HIGHWAY:ninja1: sneaky fcuks.. I'm thinking it's going to be $300+, it was only $40 :heh:, paid it online..:smugbiden: They actually post the pics of you speeding online. :fire:

you know if you contest the speed cams theres a good chance they wil throw them out. thats what ive been hearing.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
get a lawyer to turn it into a parking violation instead, worth the 400 or so. That's what I did.

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Fairfax County cops are the worst cops in the DMV. You definitely don't want reckless driving on your record. That's a misdemeanor, i got that ish when I was 18. Told the judge, i was a struggling young college kid have no money. He waived my fine and only charged me an 80 dollar court fee. I had a misdeamor record though and my driving privelege wasn't revoked or suspended. Options are:

- You have a clean record, the judge won't be that harsh on you but if you can't afford to take a dent on your record try to get it down to a speeding ticket and pay the fine.

-If you can afford a lawyer, get one of those cheap $500 one. Most of the time they'll negotiate with the prosecutor before court start and gets you decent settle.

VA is one of the strictest in terms of reckless driving. Don't ever do 80+...

Good luck breh, hope that helps.

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watch yourself in VA, especially southern VA.
Folks actually can face jail time in them old klan counties. I've seen folks lawyer up for some traffic sh/t. They charge u money for every mile u over the limit....some real b/s

Watch out for troopers in cuts/duckoff spots in southern VA

Oh yeah Do not inform your insurance company

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
LOL this nikka shook :heh:

They could try to play the reckless driving but I highly doubt it so you'll just pay a fine, it might be $200+ though.

The boys in Virginia are some hoes though, I got a speeding ticket on the freeway on my way to Myrtle Beach when everybody else was flyin past me. The cop saw I was from MI and told me I could come back to VA and fight the ticket :shaq2:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
:ufdup: This is what you do, breh.

Go to court with a copy of your clean driving record from MD (make sure you do this)

Plead guilty with an explanation. Admit that you were speeding. Say you usually don't drive in such a manner, but you were late for an important meeting and you lost track of your speed (or some other story like that)

Apologize and ask if you can attend a safe driving course since you have a good driving record.

Judge will more than likely let you do this. Judge will hold judgment until u complete course. You have a few weeks to complete the course, which is a 7 hr class. Knock it out on a Saturday. It wil cost around $70.

Judge may reduce your fine amount. You will also pay court costs, but the best part is that you wont get points on your license. The class will throw the points in the bushes (or reduce them a lot). You don't want your insurance to go sky high and be looking at your bill like :wtf:

You don't need a lawyer. Come to court with a shirt and tie. Don't come looking like :umad:

Follow these instructions and you will be :blessed: