Maze Runner >>>>>>>> Hunger Games

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
1st maze runner was :krs::ahh:

2nd was :dwillhuh::martin:

Im not one of those people that shyt on sequels. If I like the 1st, I really want to enjoy the next. But this was just ass brehs. Every cliche imaginable and stupid shyt kept happening because plot:francis:

I fell asleep during the hunger games though

To me what made the first one good was they didn't add the unnecessary teenage love interest aspect to it which added to the movie. The second one was terrible & a let down.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I saw Maze Runner last night, watching Scorch Trials now. Might pause and finish this evening.

They are both pretty deep and intense for PG-13 movies. I only like comedies, and not much impresses me, but both were entertaining and kept me hyped.

I prefer Hunger Games because they have bigger stars playing roles, is more multi-cultural, and just has more elements going on. Don't like the "zombie" aspect in Scorch Trials, so over it. But haven't finished movie to really judge.
I really didnt like Scorch Trails. It was so disappointing and I know its the middle movie but man what a shytty movie. The first one had me anticipating the sequel so bad and the second one fell flat on its face.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
To me what made the first one good was they didn't add the unnecessary teenage love interest aspect to it which added to the movie. The second one was terrible & a let down.
I know right, the 1st one successfully put the viewer into that world and shyt was dope the whole time. I really wonder if the third is going to be creative or if they're just going to continue with the bullshyt from the 2nd

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I know right, the 1st one successfully put the viewer into that world and shyt was dope the whole time. I really wonder if the third is going to be creative or if they're just going to continue with the bullshyt from the 2nd

Unfortunately I think they're going down that wrong path & the 3rd will probably be worse than the 2nd. I don't think they can salvage the story from where it's going.

Hope

God's Grace
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Finished Scorch Trials, skimmed through "action" parts, just wanted to follow story. Pretty sure I caught all the twist. I like how they have a whole new crew and they about to stop running and go in. But that ending was weak, I could see people booing in theaters.

When I saw mockingjay Part 1, nyggas were booing the ending. I still haven't seen final Hunger Games, waiting for it to drop on DVD. Never heard of Divergent, may check it out. Overall, I enjoy these kind of movies.

I just feel like Hunger Games is better because it obviously has a bigger budget and they can do more.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Maze Runner is good, the second one didn't really add what the story is really about tho. Very weird to see a movie take 3 films to hopefully explain the plot.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
The 2nd Hunger Games was a decent watch:ehh:

Maze Runner was garbage to me. Maybe it'll improve with its second installment like HG did.

bigrice25

DUUUVAAAAAALL!!!
Daps
Reppin
DUUUVAAAAAAAAAL
i read the maze runner books a while back... the books get progressively worse too. The first movie was decent, i wasn't expecting much from the second and I'm not expecting much from the last one.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i was actually thinking about this the other day.

i actually enjoyed one and two.

hunger games was up and down. i could see an argument being made depending on how the next maze runner is

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA
Something I still don't understand
What exactly was Thomas and Teresa's role at WCKD before they went into the maze? It's mentioned they worked for WCKD, but it what way? They had to have been very young when they first got involved with the company, so what exactly were they doing?

First movie was good. Second movie was pointless and made no sense. Apparently from what I've heard, the story makes a lot more sense in the books. The second movie deviated from the book almost completely and only kept a few elements.

Last edited: