Maxey Changed His Hair So He Could See The Vision-The Official 2024-25 Sixers Season Thread

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Morey been aight drafting.

He got us Maxey, Reed, Isaiah Joe (who Doc Rivers wasted and now is cookin in OKC..), Jaden Springer (showed potential and then got traded to Boston for 2nd rounder.)... and now we got this zesty nikka who might be the best shooter in the draft :ehh:

The picks have been good, the question is will they even play for us or will all our youth get traded for another flabby veteran.
Maxey is the only good pick. I’m not giving him credit for Joe or Springer seeing as he traded them both away for literally nothing in return but cap relief. Even the Maxey pick he said it was a collaboration with Brand and Doc to make that pick. McCain isn’t a bad player but honestly tell me how he’s a fit for this team. Especially if we bring back Lowry(which I hope we don’t) or Payne when is he going to play or develop? One of the main reasons I was pissed the day we hired Morey was of how horrible I thought evaluated talent. From the outside looking in I used to be like :dwillhuh: looking at his trades and draft selections from his Houston days.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA

:mjlol:

Save our money, add some decent role players/ young talent, and hope for the best

:hubie: I'm of the belief that we need to look for the future as the Joel era will be coming to an end soon whether it's by injury or by him getting older or asking out

They need an influx of young talent around Maxey to hopefully make it a quick rebuild when that does happen:yeshrug:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Maxey is the only good pick. I’m not giving him credit for Joe or Springer seeing as he traded them both away for literally nothing in return but cap relief. Even the Maxey pick he said it was a collaboration with Brand and Doc to make that pick. McCain isn’t a bad player but honestly tell me how he’s a fit for this team. Especially if we bring back Lowry(which I hope we don’t) or Payne when is he going to play or develop? One of the main reasons I was pissed the day we hired Morey was of how horrible I thought evaluated talent. From the outside looking in I used to be like :dwillhuh: looking at his trades and draft selections from his Houston days.

Im just saying the picks havent been horrible, the obsession to bring in a "star" player makes Morey go full retard. Had we just kept Joe, Bassey, Springer etc we'd be better off.

It's hard to say how well McCain fits bc we dont even know what our roster looks like this season. He's undersized, so a backcourt of Maxey and McCain against NY/Boston would be laughable. Look what them nikkas did to Kyrie.

Best case scenario is he's a 6th man, microwave scorer....another 40% shooter to put next to Embiid. Lowry is old, Melton's back is fukked ....

We had the 16th pick in a mid ass draft...:yeshrug: we could've done alot worse.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
:hubie: I'm of the belief that we need to look for the future as the Joel era will be coming to an end soon whether it's by injury or by him getting older or asking out

They need an influx of young talent around Maxey to hopefully make it a quick rebuild when that does happen:yeshrug:
I know people don’t want to hear this but when Embiid goes. Maxey also will likely go. Rich Paul will be in his ear to tell him he should roll too. Maxey’s a nice kid but I don’t think he will be cool with just losing and being the center of a rebuild. He came into the league on a pseudo contender. 2nd round failures aside he’s been apart of an annual 50+ win team with the exception of this past season. I want to win with Maxey and Embiid but I have 0 faith in Morey or Brand, so I’m also not opposed to trading them :sadcam:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basketball reasons saved Houston :snoop: . I’ll forever be thankful.

Moreys a robot. If it doesn’t fit the mold of his analytics, he can’t judge a player. I’ll give him credit for the Harden trade. That saved our franchise from the dreaded treadmill. Other than that he struggles to judge players before they breakout. He always looking for the homerun pitch.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Im just saying the picks havent been horrible, the obsession to bring in a "star" player makes Morey go full retard. Had we just kept Joe, Bassey, Springer etc we'd be better off.

It's hard to say how well McCain fits bc we dont even know what our roster looks like this season. He's undersized, so a backcourt of Maxey and McCain against NY/Boston would be laughable. Look what them nikkas did to Kyrie.

Best case scenario is he's a 6th man, microwave scorer....another 40% shooter to put next to Embiid. Lowry is old, Melton's back is fukked ....

We had the 16th pick in a mid ass draft...:yeshrug: we could've done alot worse.
McCain should def be good for Embiid if his game translation. Does a wonderful job of playing off other ball handlers and finding his spots for 3 pointers. Great at running 2 man sets off of DHOs and showed some consistency at making simple drop off passes to bigs when he draws help. Someone called him taller more athletic Seth, and there's some truth to that. At least in what he offers Joel.

I would probably keep Lowry and punt Payne with McCain here. Payne isn't a good defender and has a pretty large skillset overlap with Jared. Kyle will also likely help Jared develop as a defender (or at least not get punked). He can also let McCain be off ball in that second unit, which is def gonna be his best usage starting out

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

The other two gets were pretty good ones IMO. Edwards should become something like post Philly (but before being washed) RoCo as long as he continues to put the work on his 3. Kinda has a DLo looking jumpshot - shyt doesn't have the quickest trigger on it

Think Bona can be an easy Reed replacement

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The other two gets were pretty good ones IMO. Edwards should become something like post Philly (but before being washed) RoCo as long as he continues to put the work on his 3. Kinda has a DLo looking jumpshot - shyt doesn't have the quickest trigger on it

Think Bona can be an easy Reed replacement

McCain should def be good for Embiid if his game translation. Does a wonderful job of playing off other ball handlers and finding his spots for 3 pointers. Great at running 2 man sets off of DHOs and showed some consistency at making simple drop off passes to bigs when he draws help. Someone called him taller more athletic Seth, and there's some truth to that. At least in what he offers Joel.

I would probably keep Lowry and punt Payne with McCain here. Payne isn't a good defender and has a pretty large skillset overlap with Jared. Kyle will also likely help Jared develop as a defender (or at least not get punked). He can also let McCain be off ball in that second unit, which is def gonna be his best usage starting out

Bona does look like Reeds replacement lol,... ive only seen clips but his perimeter defense seems impressive, he has a motor, and he might could be a lob threat for Maxey :lupe:

Ive grown to like Cam, he not p*ssy in the playoffs so he won me over.

So our young guys are McCain (@jdashmaj will grow to love him after a few more TT videos), Bona, Ricky Council (I hope he takes another leap this year. he ended last year beautifully) :wow:

I wonder what everybody thinks of Edwards falling and us scooping him up....whats his nba comp?