Matt Ryan traded to the Indianapolis Colts

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He cares more about job security than winning
Nah, I think he wants to win, but is comfortable consistently hitting singles rather than swinging big for a HR and potentially striking out.

He’d be perfectly fine going 10-7, 11-6 every year with a washed up QB and hope to catch lightning in a bottle rather than actually trading up in a draft, declaring THIS is my guy and living with it. Now, sometimes you get a guy like Mahomes or Josh Allen…. but he’s scared he picks a Josh Rosen or a Baker Mayfield. I get what he’s doing but you can’t treat the QB position as a turnstile

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Bro Rivers had these guys deep in the playoffs and nearly played the Bills to a standstill.

The Colts defense and offensive line was better two years ago. Johnathan Taylor was a real problem two years ago...

Rivers and Ryan aren't playing with the same Colts team...

Furthermore, career for career, they are basically a draw, I'd certainly allow an argument for who was the better guy either way. Rivers was far more of a wild card, you didn't know if you're getting a dominant game from him or if he'd be winning it for the other team...

I'd rather have Ryan but overall they are same tier of QB, there is no strong argument for Rivers over Ryan...