Masters of Horror Face off: Romero or Argento? Poll Open for limited time.

Who you got?

• Argento

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Romero

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Ain't fukking wit me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I honestly need to watch more Argento films to give a fair judgement but I'm also a Romero stan, so it's probable my vote stays with him. The social commentary aspects of Romero films have always been something I mark out for and the type of approach to writing that will always win me over.
This.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Do the history. All slashers owe a debt to Giallo and he’s the king of the giallo. Most filmmakers in Italy aped his style and that style came here. The mysterious killer with a knife. Carpenter, Cunningham, Craven, and anyone else who’s made a slasher has given him props
If he didn't, someone else would have. Saying there would be no slashers without him is just dumb af. You can cap all you want, but you know it's the truth.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Romero - That is all. Master of The Dead and Undead will always get top rating in my opinion.
Argento's movies while engaging always leave me with the :huhldup:or:dahell:

There’s an interesting element to that and I always wondered why the fukk are his narratives kinda all over the place. Listened to a podcast and they talked about film culture in Italy at the time vs ours. In Italy, theaters were a social thing. You’d go to hang out with your friends, drink, and talk. The only time your attention would go to the screen would be for nudity or violence. So story and dialogue were kinda second or even third.

If he didn't, someone else would have. Saying there would be no slashers without him is just dumb af. You can cap all you want, but you know it's the truth.
well then by your weird logic, someone else would’ve done zombies if not for Romero. Plus if you’re going to do this thing, at least make sure you’re spelling words like “cape” right. Just makes you look better.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Inappropriate Behavior
well then by your weird logic, someone else would’ve done zombies if not for Romero. Plus if you’re going to do this thing, at least make sure you’re spelling words like “cape” right. Just makes you look better.
Cap and Cape are two different things. And the thread is who is better at horror, not who invented slasher and zombie flicks. Stop being a c00n.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cap and Cape are two different things. And the thread is who is better at horror, not who invented slasher and zombie flicks. Stop being a c00n.
Ah you’re this guy. Got it. I’ll keep the convo to people who know what they’re talking about.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:whoo::deadmanny:
GorgeousWhirlwindBluebottle-size_restricted.gif