dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Im not that excited about the game yet. The reason i loved the mass effect series was the story and that my choices would have an effect on the overall series :shaq2:
This game is looking like its mostly about exploration and good combat. Good qualities in a game, but not something thats going to make me invest in this game.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I'm sure the story will be good but I'm glad the series is taking this pioneer approach I really thought they under utilized the exploration elements in the previous mass effect games (the whole planet scan thing).

there was nothing on the planets in the first mass effect except random fight scenes

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm sure the story will be good but I'm glad the series is taking this pioneer approach I really thought they under utilized the exploration elements in the previous mass effect games (the whole planet scan thing).
Planet scanning was horrible :scust:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It was definitely better in ME1 when you actually landed on the planet and surveyed them and what not. Not the biggest of deals but still cool to see the planets you can land on.
It was done horribly in both games. I'd be perfectly fine if they removed it altogether. The story portions had enough going on without these side chore missions they added to fluff up the game. The biggest sin was the fact that none of it really mattered in the end.

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
It was done horribly in both games. I'd be perfectly fine if they removed it altogether. The story portions had enough going on without these side chore missions they added to fluff up the game. The biggest sin was the fact that none of it really mattered in the end.

True, if it led to some great gear and items or mixed in side quests that led to gear and items the incentive to do it would be s lot better. I'd do it anyways because I'm ocd like that

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holiday season 2016 tho :francis:

Whats the fukking point of even announcing it this is worse than hollywood, just dont announce anything if its gonna be that far out

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Holiday season 2016 tho :francis:

Whats the fukking point of even announcing it this is worse than hollywood, just dont announce anything if its gonna be that far out

:dwillhuh: Holiday 2016 is next year, breh. We're already half way through this year. Far out would be Spring 2017.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Somehow I'm going to assume that this is a reboot, no enkindlers (Protheans), but remnants who did the same thing. It sounds like a hard reboot. I warned a lot of people interested to wait for the Let's Plays on youtube, because if EA is behind it, you can bet its gonna be the rape over, it was before.

It's not a reboot, it takes place in the same universe as "ME3". They've said this several times. It just has no ties to the original trilogy, for obvious reasons.

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
After what they did to ME3...

giphy.gif
Still didn't beat it.

Halfway through it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It said removed from time and space from the original trilogy. You dont know if there are humans living in another galaxy anyways nikka. Maybe we were plopped around the universe by some highly advanced race just because they wanted to see what would happen. Every time you touch yourself and wipe your jizzum into the carpet, theyre watching

I've always said Earth is like Worldstar for aliens.

As far as the rest I get what you're saying but what ol boy is saying is, in the original trilogy The Milky Way wasn't even completely explored. So how did N7 travel all the way to another galaxy? Andromeda is 2.5 million light years away. I understand it's sci-fi but it doesn't even make sense in the context of what Bioware created for the series.

Fred.