Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Vangard all day, I don't give a fukk :wow:

I kinda like them going away from the "Paragon/Renegade" dynamic. If it plays as freely as they make it sound it's gonna be fun as fukk. I just hope it's not a case of triggering the same dialogue and actions no matter what you choose to respond :patrice:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
giphy.gif

:wow:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Nah....600+ years.

Fred.

Does the game even mention the Reaper war!?!? Do they even acknowledge what happens to Earth after they left?! :ohlawd:

Nah I been on the website homie. There's a timeline of space exploration. The andromeda initiative is 20 years after earth was given an embassy on the citadel. The program itself is for someone to to be in space and hypersleep for 600 years but the narrative in the trailer says something went wrong so there's a chance they didn't make it 600 years into the future

Link me to the time line because I'm confused. The Andromeda Initiative was started due to the Reapers attacking. The ships sent out were meant to repopulate a planet in case life in the Milky Way was wiped out. 20 years wouldn't be enough time to get to the Andromeda galaxy, it's 2 million light years from Earth.

I guess it's possible they changed the story but I'm going off what was originally said.

Fred.

:jbhmm:

This is interesting because during the original "Mass Effect" trilogy humans having an Embassy on the Council is a new and relatively controversial idea.

And the events in 2 and 3 obviously aren't 20 years after the first game.

So this seems to suggest the Reaper situation was resolved, and 20 years after that they started the Andromeda Initiative to look for a new home. The part of the story that takes place in the Andromeda galaxy would have to be 600 years later, though.

Regardless, if they don't mention Shepard and the events and characters of the trilogy I'm gonna be pissed. He'd be a legend, even 600 years later. He's the whole reason life exists to start the Andromeda Initiative, after all.

Fred.

Mass effect 1-3 happened from 2183 to 2186, about 20 years after Humans got their citadel embassy in 2165. The Andromeda initiative launched during the events of ME 2 (2185), before the reaper invasion of 2186.

It would make sense that they don't mention Shepard. At best, they know him/her from the events of ME1. They may still think Shepard is dead, as Shepard's resurrection was not public knowledge.

My thing about Shepard; I want her all or not at all.

I'm gonna miss Jenifer Hale, but, I can understand them wanting to move forward.

If this game begins in the Milky Way a year before ME3 and continues throughout the Reaper War in another galaxy., then Shep is in obscurity at the moment.

But, they paint themselves in a corner, because; we had to do a whole lot to get all these species together, but, they were secretly working together on making a new settlement galaxies away???

Vangard all day, I don't give a fukk :wow:

I kinda like them going away from the "Paragon/Renegade" dynamic. If it plays as freely as they make it sound it's gonna be fun as fukk. I just hope it's not a case of triggering the same dialogue and actions no matter what you choose to respond :patrice:

Think of the replay value.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Anybody copping Mass Effect 2 and 3 now that they're BC for next gen systems? I'm considering getting ME3 cause its like 5$ but all the DLC for it would equal up to 50$
EA:snoop:
If you still got your PS3 or 360 system the ME trilogy pack comes with basically all the DLC included family. Game isn't remastered so just having a digital copy of it on current gen isn't worth it, imo :manny:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Oh ok that makes a bit more sense time-line wise but plot-wise it's kinda :what:

Nobody believed the Reapers existed until they attacked in 3. Unless they're gonna say Cerberus secretly influenced the Alliance to start the Initiative, because they're basically the only group that took the Reapers seriously. But the Initiative includes all races....so again, I dunno.

Fred.

The initiative was started because the Reapers isn’t canon from Bioware though. That’s just been fans connecting dots. The initiative could easily have been a result of simply furthering exploration into space, especially given the involvement of humans. The human race in the series is accused of being late to the party and trying to speed through making an actual place for themselves in the galactic community. Pushing themselves farther out into unknown reaches than other races when they barely know anything about space as it is. Humanity’s impatience and eagerness is a major sticking point with the other races in the first series.

Now this is me just connecting dots. My interpretation of the situation in this game is that after Shep saves the Citadel and a human gets placed on the council, humanity’s first act as a player in the community is to suggest this massive peace-time project. After Saracen’s attack, everyone is convinced there is no threat and everything is normal. This is the perfect time for some diplomacy, excessive state spending, and goodwill optimism.

After everyone came together to defeat Saracen, they come together for this grand mission.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The initiative was started because the Reapers isn’t canon from Bioware though. That’s just been fans connecting dots. The initiative could easily have been a result of simply furthering exploration into space, especially given the involvement of humans. The human race in the series is accused of being late to the party and trying to speed through making an actual place for themselves in the galactic community. Pushing themselves farther out into unknown reaches than other races when they barely know anything about space as it is. Humanity’s impatience and eagerness is a major sticking point with the other races in the first series.

Now this is me just connecting dots. My interpretation of the situation in this game is that after Shep saves the Citadel and a human gets placed on the council, humanity’s first act as a player in the community is to suggest this massive peace-time project. After Saracen’s attack, everyone is convinced there is no threat and everything is normal. This is the perfect time for some diplomacy, excessive state spending, and goodwill optimism.

After everyone came together to defeat Saracen, they come together for this grand mission.

This doesn't really make much sense though because every major race in the trilogy is still beefing through part 3. It's why Shepard had to do what he did.

So the idea that all these races came together of their own volition is kinda goofy. I'm not saying that's not what Bioware will do....but it makes no sense in the context of the original games.

Fred.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
This doesn't really make much sense though because every major race in the trilogy is still beefing through part 3. It's why Shepard had to do what he did.

So the idea that all these races came together of their own volition is kinda goofy. I'm not saying that's not what Bioware will do....but it makes no sense in the context of the original games.

Fred.
They were beefing, but had been beefing forever and their beef was the status quo. The US and Russia have been beefing for 70 years yet American astronauts still go to Russia and board Soyuz rockets to reach the ISS.

Let’s not even get into the dozens of duplicitous reasons rival states will work together on large projects. Public perception and pressure, espionage, potentially missing out of major adancements etc etc

Salarians are down with the humans on plans to find a new galaxy. Krogan’s are like “Oh, you want a Galaxy without us after you tried to exterminate us from this one? Nah, we’re coming, too.:beli:

The way the galaxy was after ME1 it's easy to see how this was possible. Fixing deep rooted issues is hard, this isn't that. ME3 beefs had to be squashed because you're asking races to sacrifice their own for others, this isn't that. This is races coming together to further their own individual interests.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The news on the multiplayer though :mjcry: everyone who was in ME3MP knows it was low key one of the best multiplayer games released that year. shyt was piff :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex