Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
more like they should start actually using the full 10 point scale

No

nah, this sound like some cac shyt whites would say to uphold slavery. i know thats an overboard comparison but fukk you

fukk you too? :manny:

I know how to use the system in place. If that's a crime...fukk it :manny:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
yes, it just seems like you don't want to actually read the reviews and just want to look at a rating.
To be honest, I'd prefer if most of these publications remove their numerical score system. What's the point of having a full 10 point scale if you're only going to use 3 scores?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yes, it just seems like you don't want to actually read the reviews and just want to look at a rating.
To be honest, I'd prefer if most of these publications remove their numerical score system. What's the point of having a full 10 point scale if you're only going to use 3 scores?
I read reviews from the reviewers that have the same interests as me. With the barrage of good games out right now, the numerical score does right. shyt, in the last month I bought Neir, Noih, yakuza zero, horizon, mass effect (i love the series), and zelda. If I didn't have a cut off point, I'd be out a lot more money.

The 85+ system is used on metacritic, by nintendo, etc. You just got to know how to read the scores

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
This graph pisses me off. Everybody that is into video game reviews knows 85 is the cutoff. It's not a straight 1-10 scale. It only starts getting interesting when you hit 80 and above. an A = 90-100, B 80-90, C = 70-80, etc.

This isn't a proper 10 point system. It is what it is. 8 or 8.5 (in my case), equals good game. Just like when you get a B, it's a good grade. C, not so much (even though it's in the 70a).

The argument that 50 should equal average makes no sense. We grading on the traditional scale here (69 and below = D, 79-70 = C, 80-89 = B, 100- 90 = A, etc.). The last time I checked (I graduated a couple of years ago), an F (60 and below) does not equal a good score. :francis:
:laff: this thread has me dying. I dunno what to think. Reviews say it's ass, gut says it's ass, but i enjoyed dragon age inquisition :jbhmm:. Reviews are killing this game but reviews shouldn't be taken as godpel :jbhmm: My money fukked up right now but ive managed to buy 15+ games since October :jbhmm: Horizon, Nioh and Nier still in shrinkwrap but my impulsiveness is saying get it now :jbhmm:. Could just spend the money i was going to spend on it, on persona 5 instead, but backlog says i wouldnt touch persona 5 til december :jbhmm:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: this thread has me dying. I dunno what to think. Reviews say it's ass, gut says it's ass, but i enjoyed dragon age inquisition :jbhmm:. Reviews are killing this game but reviews shouldn't be taken as godpel :jbhmm: My money fukked up right now but ive managed to buy 15+ games since October :jbhmm: Horizon, Nioh and Nier still in shrinkwrap but my impulsiveness is saying get it now :jbhmm:. Could just spend the money i was going to spend on it, on persona 5 instead, but backlog says i wouldnt touch persona 5 til december :jbhmm:
when i see the reviews of mas effect, i know this is how they'd look for a pro-black centered game.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It might not bother most folks here but just in case if your eyes hurt or you're getting mild headaches playing the game after a short while try turning off chromatic aberration in the graphics settings. fukk film grain too.