winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So whats the verdict on this?

I havent played it yet and the reviews sound like just bytching
For better or worse this is Mass Effect by that I mean it's barely been improved. There's a different cast with no real stand out characters. The plot is a little different but it still recycles major themes like ancient alien technology that's a Deus ex machina for the plot issues. The one notable improvement is they made it so you can use any power from any class and mix them at will.

The reviews are complaining because in 5 years Bioware really hasn't improved anything but the graphics in some respects.

All you really have to ask yourself is if you're ok basically playing what amounts to a sort of Mass Effect 3 expansion pack with a new story and characters. Granted this is a full length game but like I said not a lot has changed.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
How come I just spent 5 hours playing nonstop and just put the controller down:dahell: I thought this game was supposed to be ass? I bashed it earlier in this thread but it looks quite nice on my Pro with 4k HDR.:whoo:. Last Mass Effect I played was ME2, I think I like this one better already. We'll see if the story can hold up.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How come I just spent 5 hours playing nonstop and just put the controller down:dahell: I thought this game was supposed to be ass? I bashed it earlier in this thread but it looks quite nice on my Pro with 4k HDR.:whoo:. Last Mass Effect I played was ME2, I think I like this one better already. We'll see if the story can hold up.
Look at this

Plus series legacy. 75~79 are still good/great. It's just a ME game scoring low like that is shocking since the last ones were all high 90s scoring games.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Look at this

Plus series legacy. 75~79 are still good/great. It's just a ME game scoring low like that is shocking since the last ones were all high 90s scoring games.
This graph pisses me off. Everybody that is into video game reviews knows 85 is the cutoff. It's not a straight 1-10 scale. It only starts getting interesting when you hit 80 and above. an A = 90-100, B 80-90, C = 70-80, etc.

This isn't a proper 10 point system. It is what it is. 8 or 8.5 (in my case), equals good game. Just like when you get a B, it's a good grade. C, not so much (even though it's in the 70a).

The argument that 50 should equal average makes no sense. We grading on the traditional scale here (69 and below = D, 79-70 = C, 80-89 = B, 100- 90 = A, etc.). The last time I checked (I graduated a couple of years ago), an F (60 and below) does not equal a good score. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This graph pisses me off. Everybody that is into video game reviews knows 85 is the cutoff. It's not a straight 1-10 scale. It only starts getting interesting when you hit 80 and above. an A = 90-100, B 80-90, C = 70-80, etc.

This isn't a proper 10 point system. It is what it is. 8 or 8.5 (in my case), equals good game. Just like when you get a B, it's a good grade. C, not so much (even though it's in the 70a).

The argument that 50 should equal average makes no sense. We grading on the traditional scale here (69 and below = D, 79-70 = C, 80-89 = B, 100- 90 = A, etc.). The last time I checked (I graduated a couple of years ago), an F (60 and below) does not equal a good score. :francis:
:pachaha:

53ad155ece3275f2dac7938847bb2f6e_tumblr-m9wdstysok1rrk7c1o1-400-judge-joe-brown-gif_301-226.gif

Pack it up folks, Ciggavelli hath spoken.

Most games that score in the 70s imo are pretty flawed and almost none of them hold me over for more than a few hours before I just lose interest. I'm sure this one is the same thing despite the obvious honeymoon comments of it being great which I know is just folks justifying their purchase.

Just something to pass time. Right now there's way better games out/coming out for me to spend $$ on this right now.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Spent 10 hours on that bytch last night. Got an outpost and a planet to 100% viability. Got all 6 squadmates too. Ready to dive back in when i get home from work:wow::blessed:
:mjlol: at these clowns having to stick ti their guns and pretend this game is trash.

These pspro visuals on my 4k make me happy as hell i dropped coin on both.

Moms in town like

:dwillhuh: this is a game? :dwillhuh:

:youngsabo:

Last edited:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps

nah, you're wrong. By your logic, there should be no 10 point or 100 point scale if no one uses anything below 7 or 7.5

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
For better or worse this is Mass Effect by that I mean it's barely been improved. There's a different cast with no real stand out characters. The plot is a little different but it still recycles major themes like ancient alien technology that's a Deus ex machina for the plot issues. The one notable improvement is they made it so you can use any power from any class and mix them at will.

The reviews are complaining because in 5 years Bioware really hasn't improved anything but the graphics in some respects.

All you really have to ask yourself is if you're ok basically playing what amounts to a sort of Mass Effect 3 expansion pack with a new story and characters. Granted this is a full length game but like I said not a lot has changed.
yes... Yes I am...

Also, i played mass effect 3 and enjoyed it but barely remember it since its been awhils.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
  • A Mass Effect-like game with a covaluted story meant to give the creators a fresh start.
  • Buggy.
  • And you can tell a bunch of fan boys/gals put this together.
  • Corny, milential paint job on the OG trilogy--it's ME: Lite for the new generation.
  • Maybe not worth full price.
Sounds like youre just nitpicking and giving a highly opinionated summary of either you or someone else.

I keep reading posts in this very thread that say they can't put it down

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
:mjlol: at these clowns having to stick ti their guns and pretend this game is trash.

These pspro visuals on my 4k make me hally as hell i dropped coin on both.

Moms in town like

:dwillhuh: this is a game? :dwillhuh:

:youngsabo:

Yea i got a 4k tv too shyt look crazy man :gladbron:. Im having fun yea theres little problems but nothing thats taking away from my enjoyment of the game.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hate 2 see what theyre going to say about cyberpunk if it isnt overwhelmingly white.