Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Here's my thing.

To the true fans of the series thats gonna buy the game regardless... who really gives a fukk about the reviews?

If youre a fan of the series you're a fan of the series.

I've never read a review for Gears, MGS, Halo, NBA2K, the earlier ME games and I'm not about to read or give a fukk about the reviews for ME4.

Nothing really gonna stop me from coping

Martha
Pretty much :manny:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
L7CpUUr.jpg

Share your custom ME:A characters! • r/ShareYourRyders

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We have mixed feelings about the first few hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda | PC Gamer

'Mass Effect: Andromeda' Sounds Like A Hot Mess

Impressions from some users:

Just played about 1.5 hrs worth.. I'm not seeing where all the negativity comes from? Caveat: I'm a huge ME1-3 fan.

Interesting thing, just tried for expediency Sara just to see what all the facial fuss is about- she looks fine ingame to me. The biotic (name escapes me) on the other hand looks kinda tiny in relation to others around her.

The combat feels fun and fluid, like an extension of ME3, and as others have mentioned recently the auto-cover system becomes natural very quickly. The UI nitpicks - haven't explored much in depth but it doesn't feel bad, just reached level 2 and found things pretty easy to navigate.

I admit I tend to be easy on games early (loved DA:I, but after the slog couldn't finish it, even tried a second time), but so far I'm loving what I'm seeing. Crew quips between Sara and Liam are fun in the first mission, so that will hopefully continue. Anyway, just adding another to the pile of "huh?" to all the bad vibe posts.

PC performance: I have to dig deeper but I hate to waste time on it, however default settings, 1440p with a GTX1070 & 6700k everything is silky smooth, only had one glitch coming out of zoom that felt like slowdown.

I'll try out on the xbox later

So, just got to the Nexus. Some impressions:

- Characters look like ass. Embarrassing, really.
- Writing is hilariously bad.
- Environments look quite nice, and run pretty well on my rig.
- Really like the new dialog wheel with the different 'tones' for replies.
- Combat feels pretty fun and challenging, at least on insanity.
- Movement is a bit janky but whizzing around with the jetpack is quite fun.
- Not at all a fan of the new scanner thingy. I can already see it becoming tedious as fukk.
- Music is great. Had been the highlight so far.

Will try multiplayer tomorrow!

Cross post from the community thread.

Played about two hours of the trial and really have liked it so far. The game looks really great (on PC), like really great, except for the faces and eyes which, yeah, they look pretty garbage. But I've never been terribly sensitive to that stuff. The rest of the game shines visually.

Gameplay, this early, feels much faster and more fluid then the old games. The soft cover initially was worrisome but after about 10 minutes it feels like the soft cover just allows for you do dash around and move about much faster and easier. I really look forward to digging deeper into the combat.

And I really look forward to learning about the characters and world and general plot. I cannot say anything about it thus far because it is so early. I just look forward to learning more.

Cannot really figure out where all the negativity is coming from (in some places online) after the first two hours. I dig it (and I really liked 1-3).

I just played an hour of it and wow its bad. Im hoping SONY can refund my money on the preorder since I did the spend $100 get $15 back by preordering it.
Its just not the same ME I used to love and is super boring, boring characters, story and writing, and bland and graphics/animations are so bad its funny. The gameplay is also bad, doesnt feel fun.
God I really wish Horizon was longer than 44hours :/

I really believe you're 100% sincere as you've always been, Shinobi. And I was down on ppl ITT trying to bring you down as a liar, and GAF generally being so fukking negative about the game.

But having played it now....man, you've got some rose-tinted glasses on for this one.

This isn't BioWare quality. This is destroying the goodwill built up from Dragon Age Inquisition and will seemingly vindicate those who liked to shyt on that game.

Well, they'll be right about Andromeda. It's hot garbage.

None of the earlier game's flair, no sense of visual direction, no sense of drama, no feel for scifi. It's janky like the very worst of Telltale games.

Some of the environments look nice..? And thankfully, there's many moments where people have their helmets on and their subpar models aren't being shoved in your face.

But good grief. This is unworthy of the BioWare name. It's BAD.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Gameplay is fun. Way better than the previous Mass Effect games IMO.

My custom Ryder... Tried my best but I felt restricted like a muhfukka so I'm not satisfied with it. I hope the patch they got coming fixes the crazy eye animation too. :hhh:

fqOxWcN.png

qTgagh6.png

qQceIL2.png

o23YPAU.png

WdGlW8D.png

J7I8Zec.png

rPeO8pz.png

Bv7sBVH.png

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Here's my thing.

To the true fans of the series thats gonna buy the game regardless... who really gives a fukk about the reviews?

If youre a fan of the series you're a fan of the series.

I've never read a review for Gears, MGS, Halo, NBA2K, the earlier ME games and I'm not about to read or give a fukk about the reviews for ME4.

Nothing really gonna stop me from coping

Martha
thats what im saying:yeshrug:
im coping cuz i loved all 3 previous games:yeshrug: despite what happen in the end of ME3 i still loved that game:yeshrug:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Gameplay is fun. Way better than the previous Mass Effect games IMO.

My custom Ryder... Tried my best but I felt restricted like a muhfukka so I'm not satisfied with it. I hope the patch they got coming fixes the crazy eye animation too. :hhh:

fqOxWcN.png

qTgagh6.png

qQceIL2.png

o23YPAU.png

WdGlW8D.png

J7I8Zec.png

rPeO8pz.png

Bv7sBVH.png
What did your pops and bro look like?