Mary Magdelene's Magnum Opus...the official Iowa Hswkeyes vs South Carolina Gamecocks womens college basketball championship game thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Dope career from Caitlin. She just experienced what many have before her, you can be the best player in the country and just lose to a better team on the biggest stage. Happened LeBron at least 4x. Happened to Kobe in '08. On and on. Great teams will beat the great player that doesn't have a strong enough team around them...

This Carolina team was fukking dominant. I'd been seeing some cracks in Clark's game, but they exposed em all. This team was dominant in almost every phase of the game. Big props to Dawn too who is now entering rarified air of GOAT women's coaches, she's certainly the GOAT black coach. Much love to the Gamecocks...

:scust: nikkaS REALLY WENT
OUT OF THE WAY TO
INSERT BRONS NAME
IN THE WOMENS TITLE GM THREAD.

:mjlol:THEN SLIPS KOBES NAME IN THERE
SO IT WONT SEEM SO BLATANT.

:devil:
:evil:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Iowa has a pretty good incoming class for 2024. Their top recruit is a guard from Illinois. They could still be a top team next year.

That's why I never understood the "Caitlin doesn't have any help" comments.

Just because Iowa doesn't recruit like UConn or SC doesn't mean they don't have talent. Shuelke, Martin, and Marshall are good players. Caitlin actually had a better team around her this year than last year. Hell, Caitlin isn't even Iowa's first POY. Megan Gustafson won back in 2019.

Not to take anything away from her because I hope she can carry the momentum to the WNBA. It's just that there's levels to this, but Iowa has had a solid program.