Mary Magdelene's Magnum Opus...the official Iowa Hswkeyes vs South Carolina Gamecocks womens college basketball championship game thread

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Watching the pregame coverage was exhausting. Every five minutes, they cut back to Caitlin and showed her breathing, or found a way to mention her. It wasn't Iowa vs. South Carolina, it was Caitlin Clark vs. South Carolina.

The only thing Caitlin doesn't have is sex appeal. If she looked more like Paige Spiranac or somebody, she would be bigger than MJ.

She could have at least put on some eye liner :sheesh:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Them old bitter WNBA bytches getting absolutely killed this morning on radio. I mean they getting destroyed. Instead of seeing they have a player people actually would pay to go see and maybe lift the profile of the league, they spend most of their time tearing her down and shyt talking. Damn, do you not understand that even if you dont like her and the attention she gets that its a good thing for you and the league if more people started watching and buying tickets.

I think its true that the WNBA has a women problem, not a men problem. All morning long nothing but dudes calling in saying they looking into tickets for when Indiana comes to town.........meanwhile the WNBA is trotting out some bitter players shyt talking Clark.

You sound like the exact moron sports talk shows cater to

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Cheryl Miller
Diana Taurasi
Maya Moore
Sheryl Swoopes (took a worse team to win the actual championship)
Candace Parker
Chamique Holdsclaw
Seimone Augustus (This Iowa team would have better than every team she played on except her senior year)
Teresa Edwards

That’s just off the top of my head. You could place any of them in this era on this Iowa team and make it to the championship game. Their games and skills transcend eras. They were also physically dominant at their positions (which is why I left Sue Bird out as that’s who we SHOULD be comparing Clark too).

I enjoy watching Caitlin play and thinks she’ll be a really good league player, but I’ve been watching women’s basketball forever. The WNBA is a beast to carve out space into as an incoming player. They won’t be able to hide her on defense to conserve her energy. She’s going to have to get physically stronger, learn to not be the focal point, and understand the calls she was getting won’t be coming.
Swoopes winning the title with lesser talented team is up there.

Those UConn and Tenn teams were loaded so I 100% give Caitlin a boost over the great players on those teams.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
So yall really think Clark gonna go to the WNBA and run shyt?
I don't watch it and the way some of yall talking like she gonna be MVP first year lol
Me myself I am gonna wait and see.
shyt I seen Great White Hype stories before.

I actually watch the WNBA and South Carolina is the closest thing to a WNBA college like team and Clark was getting her pockets picked all game by Raven Johnson, who is a sophomore.

The Women in the WNBA are not going to take Clark lightly because they are saying Clark is going to save the WNBA and run it, like she's the next Jordan lol.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You sound like the exact moron sports talk shows cater to

Yeah because at a time when you (WNBA players) are griping that not enough people are showing your league respect and watching, the moment you have record breaking eyeballs on the product is the absolute best time to shyt on a player everyone is excited to see and just be overall sour in general.

:stopitslime:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah because at a time when you (WNBA players) are griping that not enough people are showing your league respect and watching, the moment you have record breaking eyeballs on the product is the absolute best time to shyt on a player everyone is excited to see and just be overall sour in general.

:stopitslime:
She don't fit the image they want to project